Chapter 5 - Tired Of Sleeping Alone

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"I'm fine" 

Its been about a week since Niall had confessed his little crush. Ever since then, Zayn wasn't comfortable in sleeping in the same bed, so he slept in the other room. The hours without Niall consisted of Zayn either feeling lonely and missing how, shows just how much Zayn needs his little snowflake. Sure it took a while to get used to the dark (Niall was his nightlight) and sure the blonde was confused by Zayn's actions, but Zayn didn't want to explain why he did it when the sole purpose of avoiding Niall was to try and forget about him. It didn't work, he couldn't resist the boy, he was fucking glowing perfection, so Zayn just couldn't help but comfort him when he found the boy crying in his room though the reason why remained unknown. Until today that is, today it all made sense.  

"Hi, Niall, Zayn.." Harry greeted with a forced smile. Niall waved but his emotion stayed the same, impassive. Zayn rose an eyebrow at the two, normally Niall would smile and wave happily, even giving the boy a hug, Harry wouldn't even greet Niall by his name, he would call him 'baby', 'cupcake' or 'Nialler', what the fuck happened? It seemed like during his days of avoiding Niall, he had missed a lot. He stood awkwardly in between, Niall staring at the ceiling and at the other students while Harry's gaze remained at the floor. Zayn cleared his throat. "Uhm, what did I miss?" It seemed as nobody had the answer apart from Louis.  

"Hey Hazza, I missed you" his voice rang through Zayn's ears. The brunette went on his tippy toes and pecked the curly haired lad on the cheek, glancing over his shoulder and smirking. Zayn held back a growl, of course he was responsible for Niall's sadness, why didn't he think of him in the first place? The blonde tore his eyes away from the scene, letting his gaze fall to the floor, he was hurt. "I missed my boyfriend" Louis cooed, emphasis on the last word. Smirking even more when he saw the blonde flinch and slump his shoulders. "Niall, whats wrong?" Louis mocked innocence, batting his lashes before snickering and sorting out his tank top, purposely exposing his toned arms. (A/N: punk louis fuckkk) Niall looked at him with an emotionless expression, and Zayn noticed the blonde quickly glancing at him and he took it as a sign of help. He mouthed an 'okay' before taking action "Well we'll leave you and your, uhm, boyfriend, alone" Zayn coughed awkwardly and he slightly jumped when Niall intertwined their fingers together. "C'mon Zaynie" Niall grinned, looking completely unaffected, though Zayn knew, he just knew it was forced. Why? because Niall would shine when he's happy, and right now he was sickeningly pale, skin dull and almost grey.  

"Yeah, lets go" he agreed, lightly squeezing the blonde's hand, a smile playing at his lips when Niall sparked up, a genuine grin on his face. Just as he began to pull Niall away, the paler boy grabbed the sides of Zayn's face and smashed their lips together, it wasn't a full on snog, it was more of just a lingering peck. After Niall stepped back, they marched away, confidently, not even taking a second glance at the couple.  

After reaching a decent distance away, the blonde started snickering. "You're a good actor, Zaynie-boo, I like the way you look after I kiss you" he giggled. All happiness from Zayn's face drained away, he stopped walking and Niall used the short break to rest his back on a locker, fingers still laced with Zayn's. He remembered that Niall doesnt like him, that he liked Louis and all those things were probably just to make Louis jealous, he frowned at that. The kiss meant nothing. The older bit his lip, watching him look so innocent and clueless at his surroundings, though he's been here for a couple of weeks, he's learned quite a lot. Niall frowned a little, he didn't like how Zayn would always stare at him, it gave him a weird feeling at the pit of his stomach, and he would feel his cheeks burning under his gaze. "Zayyynnn, stopp. You're making my cheeks go..go.." he didn't know the word, and he looked at the ground, finishing the sentence at that, Zayn chuckled. "Pink?" he suggested and Niall nodded enthusiastically, "Yeah! Pink! Pink. Piiiinnnk. Pink! Pink? Pink." he smiled, using all different types of voices, making the darker boy laugh. This is how he got to know a word, he would repeat it over and over in different accents, voices and then he'd remember by the end of the day, it was certainly entertaining. To Zayn at least.