Chapter 4 - Before I Fall Too Fast

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>  

Later that day, Zayn came home to see Niall all tucked in, wide awake and smiling.  

In his bed. Again.  

Zayn shook his head at the happy boy, walking towards the bed and letting his eyes trail over the giggly blonde boy. "Why are you always  in my bed?" he asked, taking his backpack off and throwing it to the side carelessly. "Its warm and It also smells like you, and you smell lovely" he giggled, propping himself up on his elbows and burying his head in Zayn's pillow, taking a long sniff. "You really need to sleep on your own.." Zayn mumbled to himself as he stripped down to his boxers and got in the warm bed, turning on his side as he watched Niall giggle uncontrollably, his skin shining. "Why are you giggling?" Zayn asked, furrowing his eyebrows with a hint of amusement in his tone. "It tickles when I shine" he scrunched his nose, shrugging. "Why do you shine?" Zayn asked, quite baffled as to how much questions he's asked and its only been 5 minutes, placing a hand on Niall's face, his skin sparkling lightly. As soon as his hand came in contact with Niall's cheek the blonde boy shined brighter. "Its what I do" Niall smiled, then gasped when he realised that he shouldn't be giving that kind of information away. However Zayn didn't pay any knowledge to it, his attention locked on the boys shimmering skin. "You light up when I touch you.." Zayn noticed, he sat up and watched the boy twinkle. Niall sat up with him, watching his skin glow brighter when Zayn held his hand. "Niall, what are you" Zayn said, in an almost accusing tone as the blue eyed blonde continued to glimmer. "I'm not supposed to say" Niall pouted, Zayn stood up and walked over to the light switch, flicking it off. Niall's skin illuminated the whole room and Zayn returned to his spot in front of the glowing boy. Zayn scooted closer, and Niall watched him intently as he extended another hand, caressing his glimmering cheeks. Niall grinned, a blinding light sparked through Zayn's skin and he jumped away. "Ow!" he yelped, "Niall!? I touched you..a-and you burned me!" Niall frowned, his skin dimming along with how he felt when Zayn hissed at the red mark on his palm. "I guess its because you make me happy" Niall smiled shyly.   

Zayn sat on the bed looking at Niall, watching him fidget with his light up nails. A feeling of want rushed over him, the blonde sat their beautiful like always, he figured why not? He's clueless "N-Niall..? Can I try something..?" Zayn bit his lip, scooting closer. Niall shrugged, still smiling, he nodded and he watched Zayn place a hand behind his neck. The raven haired boy leaned foreward and Niall did too. He copied Zayn's actions, and fluttered his eyes shut. Each second that passed, the space between them decreased even more, and Zayn could feel the tension in the air, Niall was actually willing to do this. The blonde sparked brighter and Zayn felt the energy rush through his veins as soon as their lips brushed but the moment was interrupted buy a knock on the door.   

"Niall, its Harryyy!" Niall smiled, getting up to answer the door. He sped away, swinging the bedroom door open before jogging down the hallway. Zayn threw a pillow at the open door "I will murder that mother fucker with an axe" Zayn grumbled, getting up and following Niall. Zayn was right about to turn a corner when he heard a gasp, he froze in place realising that they were both in boxers. "Ugh, Niall why are you just in your..." Zayn's eyes widened, he rushed around the corner and saw Harry's flushed and wide eyed face, his bandaged head tilting as he stared at Niall's bare chest. Trying to prevent any awkwardness, Zayn tried to avoid the blonde from saying anything he'd regret, so he spoke up quickly "Niall, go put on some clo—" "This is how me and Zayn sleep with each other!" Niall exclaimed, happily. Too late. "You and Z-Zayn..?" Harry stuttered out, shocked. Zayn scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, silently praying he wont mention— "He was going to put his lips on mine!, but then you interrupted so we stopped! but we're probably going to continue when you leave so... what was it you need?" Niall asked, and Zayn blushed. He said we were going to continue, Zayn squealed, mentally of course. Harry paled, his mouth releasing no words apart from the occasional "Ugh"s and "uhm"s after a few quiet seconds of not being able to know what to say, he finally mustered up some. "you know what? Goodnight!" and then he left, slamming the door closed.    An awkward silence filled the room, nothing but the noise of they're feet padding across the floor lightly as they returned to the bedroom, Niall being his usual lively self and Zayn absolutely mortified. Niall jumped on the bed, looking up at Zayn with an innocent grin. "What?" he asked, eyes wide with interest. Zayn lay across from him, shaking his head, his eyebrows furrowing. "I can't believe you..." he whispered. "What do you not believe?" Niall asked shuffling closer. "You just said to Harry that we slept together!" Zayn exclaimed, rolling onto his back, his head hanging off the side of the bed as he stared at the ceiling. Niall remained silent. "I'm confuzzled, whats wrong with us two sleeping together?" "It's confused, Niall, not confuzzled. And we didn't have sex or anything! Ughh, great. Mr. Populars probably gonna tell the whole school now" Niall climbed on top of Zayn, looking at him with big blue eyes, not knowing how the position looked wrong if someone walked in the room "What is 'sex'?" Zayn rolled his eyes, shaking his head softly, course he wouldnt know, he doesnt know anything, Zayn thought. "Sex is....something you do to show the other person you love them." Zayn explained, not wanting the blonde to learn about it in a bad way. "Love?" He asked again. Zayn smirked, rolling over and switching positions so that he was on top of Niall. Niall's grin grew, obviously liking the position, his skin shimmered showing satisfaction. "Love is that special feeling you get in your stomach when your with that special person. When you want to be more than friends." Niall nodded, showing that he understood. "So there's other things you can be then friends?" He questioned. Zayn nodded, not even hovering the blonde anymore, their chests pressed against each other, legs tangled as he stroked the blonde's cheek. "friends, then girlfriends, then fiance, then husband and wife" Zayn explained, smiling sweetly at him.