Relieved (15)

Derek's POV

Seeing nancy fainting in my arms made me worried even more.

The other doctors took nancy for examination.

Immediately I turned toward the doctor

"What happened doc?" I asked.

"Mr. West, I am Dr. Grant and yes before I could tell anything to her, she fainted. If I am not wrong it was because of to too much stress"

He paused and continues "Mr. Stewart is out of danger and also conscious. You can meet him" he smiled.

Instantly I asked "And Mrs. Stewart?"

He said "She is out of surgery, hopefully she will be ohk, we had to repair a tear in her heart apart from other damages but now we are waiting for her to wake up"

I nodded and he left.

It was then that I realised I was imagining things because after seeing nancy faint I thought that doctor said both her parents were dead, which was definetly more shocking than my and nan's kiss.

Hopefully that was not the case and both of them are going to be ok.

I was engrossed in my thoughts when nurse came and told me that nancy is now conscious and awake.

I went to her bed an as soon as she see me she asks

"How are my parents?"

She tried getting of the bed

"Nancy, you are weak you need to rest" I said

"And there is good news" I continued "Your dad is awake and you can meet him and your mom is out of surgery, she will be awake soon. They are ok"

Hearing this she let out a breath which seemed as if she was holding on for long time. Ofcourse it was the relief.

"Oh, thank god and these doctors" she said.

"Yeah nan" I smlied.

"Do me one more favour derek" she said with those pleading and beautiful eyes. Oh no what am I thinking, beautiful ! Seriously ! I need to stop.

"Yes" I replied.

"Please take me to my father. I want to meet him" she said.

"Ok nan hold my hand you are too weak nan" I helped her.

"Oh shut up derek, I am not a small child and I am feeling ok now" she snapped at me.

"Well then I will not take you"

"Ohk fine, give me your hand"

I helped her stand up and then took her to her dad's room. This much closeness with her was killing me, because I was near her but I can't be any more nearer to her. Well I just need to stop thinking like that.

As we got to his room, I helped nan sit and waved her dad a gentle hello and left the room giving them privacy to talk to each other.

As soon as I came out of room, I checked my phone.

Hannah texted me back

'Its ok derek. Call soon. Love you XOXO'

I called her but instantly cancelled it, what am I suppose to tell her about my and nancy's kiss.

Should I or should I not tell her?!

It was a difficult question. I don't want to lie to hannah about anything. She is a sweetheart.

And secondly what my and nancy's kiss meant is unknown yet. What am I even gono tell hannnah...

'Hey babe, I kissed nancy and I dont know why'