The Reunion

(Y/N)'s POV:

Suddenly, lights turn on all around you. Gally jumps down into the building and you give him a worried look, raising your weapon.

"Come on. We need to see who did that."

He follows you as you tiptoe around the room, searching for signs of life.
You hear something crash to the floor and turn to face Gally.

"Was that you?" You ask.

He shakes his head and you duck behind a pile of books. Books. What were they doing here?

Again you hear sounds from up ahead and footsteps echo. They near you with every passing second. You close your eyes, take a deep breath and face the source of the noise.

You can't make out a face, but you see the figure put their hands up in surrender.

"Hey shuck face! Put it down!"

You recognise that voice. You send the gun clattering to the floor and race over to Minho, enveloping him in a tight hug.

"You're okay." Is all you manage to get out.

"You didn't think we'd give up, did you?"

He pulls away and you stare at each other for a second, before Gally snaps you from your dase.

"Minho." He holds out his hand. "Good to see you again.

Minho looks at Gally in disbelief. "How? We saw you..."

He is cut off when Thomas enters the room. At the sight of him you run as fast as you can an crash into him. He embraces you and strokes your hair.
"You're okay. I thought I'd lost you."

You nod your head tears spilling down your cheeks. He wipes them away with his thumb and kisses you until Gally clears his throat.

"Hate to break this up, but we've got WICKED looking for us and they're monitoring you 24/7."

Thomas releases you from his grasp and storms up to Gally. He punches him in the face, making Gally collapse to the floor.

You step beside Minho and whisper: "What was that for?"

"Those two hate each other."

"Well this is gonna be a long trip."

You hear Thomas yell several insults whilst kicking Gally violentely. You look away and spot three canteens in the corner. You walk over and pick one of them up; it feels full. You pull the cap off and smell. Nothing seems suspicious.

You call Minho over which also grabs Thomas's attention. He leaves Gally on the floor, blood pouring from his nose; you wince.

"I think these are okay. How long's it been since you've eaten?"

Minho shakes his head and says: "God knows. I feel like I might pass out at any second."

You walk around the room and spot a couple of backpacks. You rummage through one, and Thomas the other.
You pull out a couple of tins of food. You pry them open and stick your hand in, letting the flavour hit you. You pass the cans out and finish off yours, chucking it in a corner. You pack your rucksack with the rest of the cans, keeping two out for Frypan and Newt.

You find a torch and a light jacket. You put the jacket on and shove the torch in your pocket.

The boys devour their cans and you go looking for Newt and Frypan. You find them wandering aimlessly, trying to find anything useful. Frypan hugs you while Newt stands there awkardly, scratching the back of his neck. You pass them the cans and let them drink the last of the water.

You take them through to where you and Gally entered. The boys are still looking for resources but you tell them to stop.

"Look." You say, "I think we should move on. We've all eaten now and we need to keep moving."

The boys look at each other and slowly nod their heads. You kneel down and offer Gally a hand. "Get up. We're going."

He reaches for it and heaves himself up. A grim look is plastered on Thomas's face.

"Where should we go?" Newt asks, "We've all got the Flare." He states.