Bonding With Brenda

(The rest will be written from (Y/N)'s POV so I will not put that anymore.)

You pull away so that your foreheads are touching. "Nothing's gonna happen to me. I promise." You whisper.

Thomas nods his head and you say: "I think Minho's all loved up. Have you seen him and Brenda?"

Thomas laughs and a thought pops into your head. "See, you laughed! You can lighten up!"

A bewildered looks spreads across his face.

"Some of the first words you said to me."

He looks shocked. "You haven't forgotten?"

"How could I forget?" You kiss him again and then walk back to your group. Jorge thinks that Marcus kept a car around here somewhere; you just need to find it.

You split off in pairs. You're with Brenda. She strolls around the perimeter of the building and you follow. You decide to break the silence: "What's the deal with you and Minho?"

She spins around, a confused look on
her face. You raise your eyebrows and she sighs playfully. "Fine. There may be something going on. Just don't tell Jorge. He's like a dad to me. He's bound to get weird about it."

"Don't worry, my lips are sealed. But he's probably guessed already; you two were all over each other."

Brenda blushes and you smile to yourself. The two of you keep walking and are startled by a shout.

"(Y/N)! Brenda! We found it!" The voice belongs to Minho. You and Brenda circle back around the building, making your way to the car.

Jorge is sat in the front, trying to get it to start. An empty container has been kicked away; it must have had gasoline in it.

Minho leans on the car and you walk up to him.

"Nice one." You whisper in his ear. He chuckles and you grin.

Thomas, Newt and Gally come around the corner.

"You found it!" Newt exclaims. He seems so happy; you're glad.

You stroll over to Thomas and say: "Looks like we're almost there."

***

The engine roars to life and Jorge yells with delight. The rest of you pile into the car; it's a tight fit. You find yourself wedged between Thomas and Gally. Newt rides up front with Jorge, a giant grin is plastered on his face.

You pull out and drive away from 'SECTION A'. You realise the last time you were in a vehicle was when WICKED was tricking you. You shudder at the thought.

Jorge speeds on through the scorch; the mountains grow closer by the second.

***

1 hour later you are driving up a steep road that winds its way around the mountains. Suddenly, you grind to a halt. Thomas leans out the window to see what's going on. He sighs. Jorge gets out of the car, followed by the rest of you. Wrecked cars go back as far as you can see, blocking your path.
You are about to walk forward when a gunshot swooshes past your ear.

Thomas pulls you down behind a car and you hold your breath.