Chapter 1: My Birthday

Start from the beginning

I walked along the beach until I saw a clam on the beach. It looked big. I walked towards it and opened the clam to see a beautiful bracelet. There were four charms on it, seashell, starfish, dolphin, and a pearl.

I saw a note inside.

Dear Pearlina

Happy Birthday my daughter. I wish that I could see you but you know why I can't. Please forgive me. I had this bracelet made special for you for your birthday. It's to remind you of your other self. I hope that you like it.

I love you

Love Mother

"Mom?" I immediately looked at the ocean. {Mom was here?!} "Mom!" I yelled out. I watched the waves come forward onto the beach. {I missed my chance.} I had always wanted to meet my mother. I had seen a picture of her.

I had her eyes. I had sky blue almost violet eyes. My appearance was almost similar to my mother. I had my father's gold blond hair. My mother had a mixture of platinum and gold hair. My mother was very beautiful.

I took the bracelet and clamped it onto my wrist. It fit perfectly. It was beautiful.

SCREECH!

I looked up to see an owl with a letter. The owl released the letter and the letter fluttered into my hands. It had my name on it. Also, it was from Hogwarts. I took the letter into the manor so that I could open it in my room. Once in my room, I opened the letter.

Dear Miss Pearlina Wideacre

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all the necessary books and equipment.

Term begins September 1st. We await your owl by no later than July 31st.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall, Deputy Headmistress.

{I'm going to Hogwarts!}

I was very excited to go.

Few hours later......

I walked into the dining room to see my father at the table. My stepmother hadn't came back yet. It was a relief in a way. I sat down next to him with the letter in my hands and the small note in my pocket. "I got a letter from Hogwarts," I said to him.

I showed him the letter. He took the letter to read it himself. "It brings back so much memorize. I still have my first letter from Hogwarts in my room," he said to me and gave me the letter back. "We'll send a letter tonight and go shopping next month," he told me.

I gave him a nod. Our plate of food came to the table. I took my fork and started to eat. "Where did you get that bracelet?" I heard my father ask. I looked at my bracelet. "It's from mom. It was in a shell on the beach. There was a note too," I told him. I took the note and showed him.

I could see him tearing up a bit. He really missed my mother. He would always busy himself in the ministry so that he wouldn't have to think about her much. He wasn't the only one who missed her. I did too.

Soon, the cake was brought to the table. It was my favorite cake. It was a strawberry shortcake with vanilla pudding inside. "Make a wish and blow the candle," he told me. I gave him a nod. I closed my eyes and made a wish.

I wish to see my mother in the future.

I opened my eyes and blew the candles out. I made the same wish every year. I really wanted to meet her in person. My father cut me a slice. I quickly ate the cake. I savored the flavor of strawberry and pudding in my mouth.

After dinner, I walked into my room and put the letter on my table. I took the book 'Royal Mermaid Line' by Oceanar. I walked to my comfy chair and turned to the first page. It started with a merman named Tritonius.

Few hours later.....

Knock...knock....

I looked up to see my father. "It's time for bed," he told me. I looked up at the clock to see that he was right. I got up from the chair and set the book on the table. My father made sure that I washed up and change into my pajamas.

Once in bed, my father tucked me in. "Good night," he said to me. He turned the lights off and closed the door. I closed my eyes and dreamt of my mother.