Hartley Rathaway x Reader

Thank you so much for the request endlessoblivion for the request I wouldn't have had this imagine without your idea.

Summary: Takes place during 1x11. You were once Hartley best friend, You get a call from Caitlin asking you to come to star labs after Hartley had escaped star labs.

*******

Third Person

Dr. Wells had just exited the room. Barry looked at Caitlin and Cisco. He had no idea what Dr. Wells was going to do or if it was help. Hartley was just angry at everything. He still wondered if there was any way to bring him in peacefully.

"I know neither one of you were fond of Hartley but can you think of anyone Hartley did get along with or even remotely cared about?"

They both thought for a moment before Caitlin responded, "Well Hartley and Y/N were really close before he was let go. I could try to get a hold of her. I haven't heard from her since the particle excelurator explosion."

"Please try to get a hold of her, I really don't think it could hurt at this point," Barry said and then left.

********

Your POV

You phone started to ring. It was a unknown number but you decided to answer it anyway. You swiped across the screen to answer and put the phone to your ear.

"Hello," you say.

"Y/N, This is Caitlin Snow, I could use your help," she explained what was going on as best she could. You had always liked Caitlin even though Hartley never liked anyone and no one liked him but you still got a long with everyone.

"Caitlin, I'll call you back just give me a few minutes to process all this." You hung up the phone.

*Flashback*

You had seen Hartley being escorted off the property. How strange you had thought to your self and as soon as your work was done you had gone to see Hartley and see what had happened to him. You knocked at his door.

"Go Away," he had yelled at the door.

"Hartley it's Y/N, Will you please talk to me," You talked through the door.

The door had flown open and there Hartley stood. "What don't you understand about go away, Y/N, I thought you were smart enough to know what simple words like that means, your pathetic just like everyone else at star labs. I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU OR ANYONE ONE ELSE FOR STAR LABS EVER AGAIN, GET OUT OF MY SIGHT."

"Hartley," you say tears starting to form, "I thought we were friends."

" I could never be friends with someone so weak and pathetic, NOW LEAVE." The door slammed and that was the last time you ever saw Hartley.

*End of Flashback*

Even after all that you didn't want him hurt and if you could help in anyway you were going to.  you pick the phone up and called Caitlin back.

You stared up at star labs the place that had truly changed everything and taken people you cared about. You finally went inside and went to the main floor where everyone would be. When Caitlin saw you she came up and gave a big hug.

"Its so good to see you, Y/N," she say, "you remember Cisco, and this is Barry." You shock Barry's hand.

"So what can I do?"

Then Dr. Wells phone rang and he answer it was Hartley, It was all a chess game to him. "This is between me you and the flash, now its your turn to move your scarlet knight. While I take out a few pawns."

"Hartley it's Y/N, Please don't," it was to let the line had already went dead and Barry/The flash was off.

******

Things were not going well, Barry was going to die soon if they didn't do something lucky Dr. Wells used the satilite radios to disrupted the sonic gloves. After that Barry was able to finish the job.

"Check mate. Barry can you hear me?" Dr. Wells asks.

"Sort of," was the response.

When Barry brought Hartley back he was unconscious, You bandaged his hands and they took out his hearing aids. Your heart hurt for the man you had once called you best friend. After he had been put back in his cells. You stared at the monitor, watching Hartley. You heard foot steps behind you and you turned to see Barry,.

"How are you?" you say he had taken a hard hit today.

"I'll be okay, I heal quickly." You nod and turn back and look at the screen.

"I want to talk with him as soon as he wakes up, I just wish I could have done more," you sigh.

"There wasn't much you could have done. Everything happened so fast, don't be so hard on yourself," Barry says placing a hand on your shoulder. You give him a grateful smile. You know Hartley should be starting to wake up soon.

"I'm going to go wait for him to wake up," you say. You start to walk away and then turn around. "By the way, you secret is safe with me. I won't tell anyone you are the Flash." Barry gave you a grateful smile.

*****

Hartley started to stir. You stood there watching him. He slowly stood up. "Hello Hartley."

"Y/N." Is that really all he had to say. You weren't really sure how this was going to go you wanted to know what had happen to him. He was angry to begin with but you had never thought he would go has far as killing people. A brilliant mind wasted.

"What happened to you Hartley? I no you have always been angry but what you did were the actions of mad man."

"Maybe I am a mad man. The scream all that pain that he has caused, He deserves to pay. The screams are never ending. I could have stopped it the scream and now it will never end. You were hear you should want revenge to hurt him. Don't act like I'm the monster when we both know who really is."

"You were willing to kill others the is taking revenge to the whole other level. You were brilliant and its now all gone to waste. You could have discovered something to help after. Your brilliance could have been used to help. I stead of destroying because in my book that makes you even worse the Harrison Wells in my opinion."

"My brilliance isn't the only ones going to waste, what have you been doing you have not helped in any discovers, Do you ever have a job? I haven't heard anything about you. You have done nothing special and I don't know if you will amount to anything Y/N. I used to think you were the most amazing girl there was you had the looks and the brains. We could have been brilliant together and I think we still could be. What do you say? I could find a way out of here and rule the world."

"It makes me sad to see you this way Hartley, I still care about you, but you are not who I thought you were this is where you belong where you can't hurt anyone else. I'm so sorry for what happened to you to make you this way but it was still a choice you made. I wish things were different but you are going to be in here for a extremely long time. I'm sorry Hartley, but this is goodbye," You turn around and walk away not looking back.

"Y/N, DON'T WALK AWAY WE COULD BE BRILLANT, Y/N..." The door sealed tight and you could no longer hear his yells.

You had just lost a friend all over again but is was about time you walked away. He was right partly, your brilliance was going to waste it was about time you go back to work and try to help people like Hartley or even stop them if you must. You just might return to start labs.

A/N: I hope you liked it. Its up sooner than I thought but once I got started I couldn't stop. Please do more request everyone because enjoy writing them and you have some ideas I would not think of.