Challenge Me? - Prince Merlin .2

*Update: Grammar check, changing a few words here and there to make it sound nicer. Nothing plot changing too much but worth the read if you want.

+++

"All right men. Merlin has something to tell you! Well, two things." Arthur said.

Right now Arthur, Merlin, and Thomas are on the training field along with all the other knights of Camelot and the two from Darthon. Thomas is hiding behind Merlin so that the knights don't see him just yet.

*"Right, actually I have three things to say. One, for those of you that didn't know yet, I have magic." Some of the knights fidgeted a bit, but said nothing. "I was born with it and Arthur is fine with it." At this the knights all looked at Arthur, sort of perplexed, who in turn nods his agreement. "Two, I have a brother. Thomas, no need to hide, the big bad knights wont hurt you."

While walking out from behind Merlin to stand next to him Thomas says, "Hahaha, if I might add you were the one that was scared of the knights." Some of the knights gasped, for not only does he look like Merlin he even sounds like him, but he has a deeper, accented voice. Though what really shocked them was the fact that his brother was wearing armor that was slightly different from that of his knights, possibly royalty, an elegant cape, and a circlet, obviously for a person of high rank.

Merlin then turned briefly to his brother then back to the knights while saying, "Oh did I mention, I am also the oldest Prince and heir to the throne of Darthon?"

When Merlin said this, most of the knights murmured among themselves. But one knight didn't, and that knight was Gwaine, instead he was laughing. "What's so funny Gwaine?" Asked Merlin.

"Haha you a prince?! Hahahaha! Of Darthon?! Hahaha!"

"Yes, I don't see what's so funny." Merlin stated.

By now Gwaine was sobering up and was able to say, "Well, one thing about the oldest prince of Darthon is that he is the best fighter Darthon has ever known. You my friend, can hardly lift a sword without hurting yourself."

Now it was Merlin's turn to laugh, well more like chuckle. "That's because I am used to light daggers that are balanced perfectly. Like these." With that he turned around and reached behind his brothers back, drawing his brothers hidden daggers from behind his cape.

*"Because you see Gwaine, in Darthon, where the trees are close, you can't always swing a sword or an axe without it getting stuck in a tree

*"Because you see Gwaine, in Darthon, where the trees are close, you can't always swing a sword or an axe without it getting stuck in a tree. So I've mastered the art of using daggers, though mine are in my chambers at the moment. Do you mind Thomas if I use yours?" Thomas shook his head, stepping back slightly.

Gwaine looked at the daggers and back at Merlin. "You're not joking? Are you?"

Merlin had a slight grin. He spun the daggers in his hands, feeling their weight. "Not, one, bit. And if you think I'm joking, why don't you draw your sword and challenge me?"

Gwaine looked a little uneasy but drew his sword and walked a little ways away to take up a stance. Merlin did the same but when he got to his spot he just stood there with his back turned. Gwaine took this as an opportunity and charged. When Gwaine got within striking distance Merlin turned around and raised his right dagger to deflect the blow. Gwaine was struggling to get the upper hand. Merlin then smirked and hooked Gwaine's ankle with his foot and tripped him. Gwaine scrambled back some and got back up. Gwaine, a little more cautious, started swinging blow after blow, each one deflected by Merlins daggers. After Merlin deflected another torso blow, Gwaine then tried to hit the side of Merlins head, but Merlin caught it between his daggers in an X, before twisting, causing Gwaine to gasp and drop his sword. All the surrounding knights were astounded.

*"Wow Merlin, I didn't know you had it in you. Hey Percy, want a go?" Gwaine jested after getting up and picking up his sword. Percival chuckled along with a few other knights, shaking his head.

"Now that that's out of the way, what we really gathered you knights here for is that our kingdom is being ruled by our traitor Uncle, Gurak, for over ten years now." Merlin explained.

Thomas stepped forward and continued for Merlin. "He forced our father, Balinor, off the throne and destroyed most of the kingdom." Merlin turned to Thomas at his words, but stayed silent. "He has been ruling our kingdom for far too long, but our army could not take on his and win. So we come to you, Knights of Camelot, to help us reclaim our kingdom." Thomas finishes.

"When are we leaving?" Gwaine said, stepping forward. As he did most of the other knights did so as well.

Merlin smiled at this. "We're leaving in under a week. but the journey is about two weeks at a walk on horse back." Merlin said.

"Me, Thomas, and Merlin are going to start planning as soon as possible, so be ready for when the word goes out." Author said, smiling at his friend, who for once in a long time had a completely genuine smile on his face.