Digging Deeper - Scars.2

*Arthur's POV*

Arthur was on the training field when Leon suggested that they go on a hunting trip, for its been a while and Arthur needs to leave Camelot for a few days.

Arthur agrees thinking that this might be the perfect opportunity to see if Merlin does in fact have terrible scars on his torso, because almost every hinting trip they go on Merlin gets hurt.

"Merlin!"

"I'm right here prat, what do you want?"

"You can't address me like that Merlin." "When do I ever listen to the rules?" "Never." "Exactly." "Whatever look, go fetch 5 horses and a few days of supplies, we're going hunting." Arthur said.

"Ohh great!" Merlin mumbled.

*a few hours later*

Merlin went off and packed for the hunting trip and saddled the five horses for Arthur, Gwaine, Lancelot, (who is not dead, another knight went through the vale) himself, and Leon. (Too many names get confusing so I'm making it a small party)

So once that was done he brought them out of the stables to the awaiting king and knights. "What took so long Merlin?" said Arthur. "Do you know how hard it is to pack for 5 knights?" "Merlin are you having trouble counting? There are only 5 people going including you." said Leon. "When it comes to Arthur eating, he eats enough food for two knights." This sent Gwaine into a fit of giggles. "Shut up Merlin, I don't eat that much!" said Arthur.

"Yes you do." "No I don't." "Yes you do." "Do not!" "Do to!" "Idiot." "Prat." "Ladies ladies please calm down! You two fight like an old married couple." Gwaine says, which makes all the knights laugh, and the ladies to shut up.

As Merlin handed the horses to the knights, Arthur mounted his horse and waited for the others to do the same.

*In the woods somewhere* *Merlin's POV*

After hours of 'hunting', aka, Arthur finds an animal and Merlin scares it away, Merlin was getting hungry. "Arthur? Don't you want to stop to eat?"

Though before Merlin could get an answer bandits came out of the bushes and ambushed the party. Merlin ran for cover while the knights fought, Merlin helping with magic here and there. While watching Arthur fight Merlin felt a arrow go into his shoulder, then another in his gut.

===============================

*Arthur's POV*

"Arthur? Don't you want to stop to eat?" Merlin said. But before he could answer bandits attacked the party. (Surprise!!)

Arthur jumped off his horse to face the bandits as did the other knights. When there were only a few bandits left he saw two aim their crossbows at Merlin, but before he could stop them they fired, hitting Merlin in the shoulder and in the gut.

"MERLIN!!!!" Arthur shouted. The other knights saw and quickly killed the two bandits.

Arthur ran over to Merlin to see the damage. "Lancelot! go get Merlin's saddle bag there should be medical supplies in there!" Arthur at this point was freaking out, Merlin has gotten hurt when they go hunting but never like this, he was pale and losing a lot of blood. "Got it!" "Good, Leon help me get him to the clearing."

As Arthur and Leon picked up Merlin, he yelped out in pain, for he was still awake. "No! Put me down! I'm fine... AAAAAHAHAHA! Ouch!" Merlin complained. "Oh shut up you've been shot twice! One in the gut and the other in the shoulder so no, we're not putting you down yet!"

When they made it to a clearing they laid Merlin down on some blankets that the other knights laid out for them. "Ok Arthur you have to rip Merlin's shirt off so that we can clean the wounds and get the arrows out." Lancelot said. (He knows some medical things, like cleaning wounds, splinting a broken bone, setting a dislocated sholder, and a few other things from his youth) "Ok, Gwaine, give me your dagger." After Gwaine gave Arthur the dagger he cut off Merlin's shirt (No dirty thoughts!) and what he saw shocked him and all the other knights. There were scars all over his chest and arms, from whip marks, knives, arrows, sword or axe marks, a few burns, one big circular one in the middle of his chest, and many smaller ones. But along with the scares, there was a six pack, faint but strong and strong arm muscles. The knights knew that Merlin was bound to have muscles but not this much.

Arthur: "Merlin where did you get these?!"

Leon:" How the hell do you have so many scars?!

Lancelot: "Oh my god!"

Gwaine: "How do you have more muscle than me?!"

They all asked. "Well if you help me heal I can tell..." at that Merlin fainted from blood loss. "Oh no you don't! Arthur help me hold him down. Leon grab some more cloths for bandages, Gwaine go find clean water. Ok on three I'm going to pull out the one in his gut, Arthur hold him there and there." Lancelot instructed the knights, before he pulled out the arrow Loen came back with more cloths from Merlin's med pack.

"1...

2...

3!"

When he pulled out the arrow they were surprised to see that only a little blood came out after it was pulled out, but they didn't get enough time to think too much on it.

After Gwaine came back from gathering water Lancelot used it to clean the wound as best he could then bandaged it. After words he moved onto the arrow in Merlin's shoulder.

They repeated the process on this shoulder only a little less blood came out then the gut wound. After this they tried to get him to drink and maybe wake up, but neither worked.

After the knights made camp they cooked a meal (but not as good as Merlin. They think Merlin is so good they once went on a hunting trip just to eat the food Merlin would cook) they started getting ready for bed when they heard a grone come from Merlin.

"I got him." Lancelot said. "Ow, my shoulder. Ohh! Never mined my shoulder! My gut!" Merlin complained. "Hey, take it easy. The gut wound was pretty deep so try not to flex your stomach muscles. Or that six pack of yours. How did you even get one?" "I am quite surprised that you asked that and not about the scares. Any way, if you work for King Prat then you are bound to get some muscle." "I think the scares can be talked about over breakfast." "Ok, well I think I'ma go back to sleep, night." Goodnight Merlin." all the knights said back.

=÷=÷=÷=÷=÷=÷=÷=÷=÷=÷=
To be continued! Sorry that it took so long! I'm not a full time writer but I want to continue this and maybe make it a multi-storied book. So after this story I will put up a suggestion chapter, aka a chapter that you guys can spam with iteas for future short stories! Keep it within Merlin though. Thanks for the encouragement!

See ya geekieans!