xWithout The Bitter, The Sweet Isn't As Sweetx

I'm absolutely loving all of the reads i've been getting on this story c: Most of you said that Alexxa and Gabriel have been taking it slow, but you have to see this in their point of views. Gabriel probably wants to start something with her ( I think that's quite obvious ) but respects her distance. Alexxa on the other hand, doesn't know how to trust. Would you trust a random boy if your entire family killed themselves on your birthday? She's just letting him touch her, and recently started talkingThat's a great milestone for her, and eventually things will get more intense, you horny weirdos. 

Dedicated to Corrrinn, for commenting and voting for every chapter I've written :3 Thanks so much (:

By the way, BONUS CHAPTER RIGHT NOWW! For all of the people who love Gabriel (:

xxx.

----

(Gabriel's POV)

 Waking up with a sleeping body in your arms is one of the best feelings. What makes it even better is that it's Alexxa's. After hours of crying in her sleep she had finally calmed down, resting her small head on my chest and shaking her head softly. I wondered what her dreams were about, if they were the reason she was so distrustful.

I knew almost nothing about her, but yearned for more information. There were only two things I was positive of- Her name, and that her family had died. The night at the cemetery when she went mental on me, I saw three gravestones that she had been lying by. Christofer, Alexxa, and Matthew. The two were her parents, I was sure, judging by their date of birth. Christofer had to be her brother, or a cousin or something. They all died in the same year, which was strange.

Was there a freak accident or something that she had been in? I wanted to know why she was in an institution for two years, why she had moments where she forgot everything and got drunk to forget. I wanted to help her, so badly, but she wouldn't let me in.

It was late afternoon when I finally awoke again, in the same position as before. Only this time, Alexxa's forehead was pressed to my nose, breathing warm against my neck. I supressed a shiver, checking my phone with the hand that wasn't around her waist. There was a message from Kira, and a missed call from Nash. 

Huh. The message from Kira was just a simple 'hey', which I replied to without a second thought. Alexxa stirred lightly in my arms as I let out a sigh, not wanting to but having to go back to my apartment. I pulled away from her grip, not being able to stop my lips from pressing to her forehead.

That was all it took for her to wake up, murmuring something that sounded a hell of a lot like "Chase?"

I shook my head, sitting up. "Who's Chase?"

She went back to being silent, biting her lip and looking down. I shrugged it off, running a hand through my hair. "I have to go,"  I said softly, pulling the covers off my legs and staring past her at the snow layering the backyard.

I watched her drag herself upright, looking insanely adorable as she yawned, covering her mouth with one of her unmanicured hands. She nodded, a look in her blue eyes that made me want to lay back down  with her. Instead I bit the inside of my cheek, glancing at her ivory features and leaning over to peck her cheek.

On instinct, she flinched away, but I could feel her melt into my embrace. "I'll pick you up tommorow for class," I told her, standing and grabbing my vans.

"Goodbye," she whispered suddenly, her voice hoarse.

I turned and smiled at her as I grabbed my keys off the bookshelf. "Goodbye," I repeated, a smile growing on her own. "Will you be okay? I'm not sure if Luna's home."