xSupposex

Sitting imbetween Gabriel and some peverted boy, I pick at my food with a grimace. Everyone in his group of friends stares at me as if i'm some alien they discovered, but Gabriel doesn't seem to notice, instead eating his food so fast he might as well be inhaling it. My new phone vibrates, and I happily take it out and type a reply to Danny. 

Peeking over my side, he rests his nose on my shoulder and sighs. "You could text me.." He mumbles, widening his eyes dramatically. I roll mine, watching the people at the table laugh at my reaction.

Gabriel's popular, there's no doubt about that. His friends are all either stunning, bubbly, or athletic, leaving no room for me, the tiny mute girl, to fit in whatsoever. They look at me different, knowing I don't belong here. I can see it in their makeup-smothered eyes they don't want me here, and trust me, if I had other friends, i'd leave. Since Gabriel's the only one that's stayed with me.. I'm pretty much stuck in this awkward position.

A breezy laugh interrupts the silence that's been hovering over the table for the past twenty minutes. I look up to see a beautiful girl with auburn hair and blonde streaks sit down, green eyes wide as she glances at me from across the table. "You're hair is gorgeous," She gushes, leaning across the table to take a chunk of my hair and examine it further. I shift uncomfortably in my seat, feeling a bit violated at her touch. "Do you dye it?" She asks. I shake my head, feeling a hand grip my thigh and turning to Connor, the kid next to me.

Slapping his hand away, I scoot a little closer to Gabriel, who doesn't object. The girl seems to realize something, dropping her hands away from my face and sitting back down. "Oh, I'm sorry, I shouldn't be so strange.." She apologizes, losing a bit of her charm but soon gaining it back. "I'm Belle Keith, and you?"

"Alexxa Ward," Gabriel says for me, taking a bite of my chicken nuggets. I glare at him, but he only smirks. "You wouldn't have eaten it anyways." He has a point there. I roll my eyes, letting him eat the chicken that could probably be revived with a defibrillator. 

"Are you new? I haven't seen you around." I nod, smiling slightly. "Oooh, I love foreigners." She exclaims, grinning widely and showing off a set of white teeth. "Where are you from?"

"Ehm, Ireland." Gabriel lies, smiling nervously. My stomach warms at the sight of him, sticking up for me and making me look normal. It almost makes me want to- No..Scratch that.

Not here. Not now.

"Alexxa Ward?" Some elderly woman waddles over to the table, smiling at everyone and locking eyes with me. "Someone's here to see you."

Glancing at Gabriel, i'm somewhat frightened. Who would want to see me, besides Luna? But she's working, and the cafe is always busy.. "Does eight sound good?" He asks, talking about when to pick me up. I nod, standing and giving a half-wave with my finger to everyone before walking off with the woman.

"I was told he's your counselor." She tells me, and I sigh with relief. It's just Sam, the nice man who gave me clothes and money before I left the institution. "You won't be coming back, so I got your things." Handing me my knapsack, I smile my thanks and walk into the front office.

Sam's hair isn't gelled back this time, but he looks younger like that, almost my age. Brown eyes twinkle happily as he sees me, and he nods at the woman. "Thanks, Gale. This is her."