One Mistake Is All It Takes

One Month Later

Emma's POV

One of the most difficult things to think about in life is one's regrets.
Something will happen to you, and you will do the wrong thing, and for years afterward you will wish you'd done something different.
That's what happened that night. We didn't know it, but one mistake was all took for everything to fall apart.

"Swan!" Killian yells from the other room.

"Yea?" I yell back.

"Come here, love." I walk to our bedroom, and see him on the bed reading a book.

"What is it?" I ask leaning against the doorway.

"Why don't we go out tonight." He puts the book down and sits up on the bed.

"But we have the bar." I walk over to the bed, and stand on his side.

"One night won't hurt." He slides his legs over the side of the bed, and wraps his arms around my waist.

"Okay." I smile. I crease his cheeks with my hands as he gives me a toothy grin.

"It'll be fun." He burries his face in my stomach.

"I know." I kiss his head.

"So, when do you wanna leave?" I hop in his lap.

"Whenever you're ready, love." He smiles.

"Awesome." I hop off of him and scamper off to the bathroom, to get ready.

-

Killian's POV

"Ready, love?" I ask standing in the bathroom doorway.

"Yep." She leans on the sink.

"Good." I kiss her and walk to the living room. Kara comes prancing into the room, and runs up to Emma.
She's gotten a lot bigger since we first got her. Emma picks her up and kisses her head. I give the dog a glare.

"You're still jealous of the dog?" Emma asks in a laugh.

"No." Lie.

"You can't lie to me, you know that." I roll my eyes and a smile creeps onto my face.
I grab me and Emma's jackets. I put mine on and hold it out for Emma. She slides her arms in the jacket, and adjusts it to her comfort.
Just before we walk out I stop.

"Wait." I turn around.

"What?" She asks worried.
I run back to our room and grab the necklace she got me for Christmas.
I walk back to the door almost running into Emma.

"What- oh." She laughs.

"Sorry, love, forgot this." I hold up the piece of jewelry.

"You scared the hell out of me!" She hits my head.

"Ow!" I flinch.

"Don't do that."

"Sorry, love." I look up at her.

"It's okay, you just scared me to hell." Her expression softens.

"Let's go." I open the door and let her out.

-

Emma and I are in the car just chatting and laughing, but what was to come, was going to change our lives forever.

The car falls silent as I drive to a restaurant I made a reservation at. She's been working so hard, I wanted to do something nice for her. She has to deal with all the drunk men, and all the nasty looks from women she gets at the bar.
I know it doesn't bother her, but she still gets aggravated with the men, always all over her, so I decided to set up an evening for just us.

I glance over at her as she leans her head in the palm of her hand.
She stares out the window, as the tress fade into the distance. I look back to the road, but it's to late. A truck smashes into the front of the car, sending glass everywhere. I look over at Emma then I black out.

I wake moments later, to the sounds of sirens.
"Hey, I need you to stay still." A woman's voice says. My vision still blurry from the wreck. Everything comes back into focus.

"Emma." I say barley above a whisper.

"Stay still." She pushes me back down.

"Emma. Is Emma okay?" I ask the woman.

"I need you to stay calm. We're going to get you to a hospital." They slide me onto a gurrdy.
I look over my shoulder, and see Emma lying on the ground, in a pool of blood, surrounded by medics.

"Please, is she okay?" I ask trying to get a better look at her.

"What's your name, sir?" She asks as they load me into a ambulance.

"Killian Jones."

"Alright, Killian we're going to get you to a hospital." She puts a mask over my face. Everything becomes blurry, and dizzy. It all fades and everything becomes slow motion like in a movie, then I black out.

The sound of beeping stirs me from my painful sleep.
I open my eyes to a white room, filled with medical equipment which are all attached to me.
The beeping gets louder as my heart beat rises.
A woman comes rushing into the room. "I need yo to stay calm, sir." She says.

"Emma, where's Emma?" I demand.

"Please I need you to calm down."

"Where's Emma!?" I yell.

"I'm sorry, but I can't say anything about Miss. Swan. I'm sorry."

"But is she okay? That's all I need to know." I beg.

"I'm sorry." She walks out of the room, just after putting something in the liquid. Everything becomes hazy and I fall back asleep.

-

I awake to that bloody machine again. I open my eyes.
"Hello, Mr. Jones." The man says. "I'm your doctor, Doctor Whale. He sticks out his hand.

"Where's Emma?" I ask refusing his hand.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Jones, but I can't say anything about Miss. Swan." He sits down on a stool.

"Why won't anyone bloody answer me!?" I yell.

"I need you to calm down."

"Stop telling me to calm down! I'll calm down When I see Emma!"

"Alright, she's in surgery now." He finally lets out.

"How bad is it?"

"It's not good."