A New Beginning

Hi, my name is Emma Swan. I live in New York City, and I want to share a story with you.
A story filled with fear, light, magic, and most of all love.
I might not live in a world with magic like Harry Potter, but I do believe in happy endings.
You just have to know how to find them, and the ones lucky enough to find it are the people with smiles on their faces.
I built my walls up so far, I never thought anyone would ever be able to break them down. I was wrong.
I may not look like much, but their is a kind person under all the heart break and pain.
This is the story of how I fell in love...

New York City

One year ago

New York: a city of a million happy endings. Half of them have occurred. The other half are waiting in a fairytale.

As I walk down the crowded streets of New York looking for a job, I see a small dinner called Granny's dinner. I make my way to the door and walk in.
I walk over to the counter where a girl with a short white crop top, and short shorts is standing.

"Hi, can I get a hot chocolate with cinnamon?" I ask with a smile.

"Sure thing." She smiles then walks to the back.
I sit in a chair at the booth and wait for my drink. She come out and asks,
"To go, or for here?"

"To go." I simply say.
She walks to the back. A few minutes later she comes out with a to go cup.

"Here, ya go." She hands me the cup and smiles.

"Thanks." I smile and hand her the money.
I walk out of the dinner, and make my way down the busy streets of the big city.
I cross the street while taking a sip of my drink. As I walk I notice many people, but one stands out to me. A man with jet black hair, ocean blue eyes, and an amazing smile.
I continue walking, but with him still on my mind.
Who is he? I ask myself. Stop that, Emma. I scold myself.
I shake my head and continue down the street. I get to my job interview, but it doesn't go so well. I walk out the building disappointed, and sad.
I open the door to the man I saw across the street.
He smiles at me. I smile back and head out the door. As I do my arm brushes his. It sends a shiver up my spine making me smile.
I don't look back, I just keep walking. I may be unemployed, but it doesn't matter. Something about him makes me happy.
Stop it, Emma. You're doing it again. I mentally hit myself. I walk up the stairs to my apartment, and unlock the door. I slip off my shoes, and walk to the kitchen and grab an apple.
As I eat the apple I lay down on my bed, and think about him.
What is wrong with you? You haven't even spoken to each other.
I close my eyes, and try to sleep.
I fall into a deep sleep, a dreamless sleep, but peaceful. I haven't had one of those in a long time.
_______________________
Authors Note.

What did you all think of the first chapter?

P.s. Please check out my good friends new book! "Rose In A Glass" by @Oncer_InStorybrooke + @KiaraLakai7

Sincerely xBlueAvenue,