Our Darkest Secrets

Emma's POV

Sunday Morning

I open my eyes to see Killian next to me still asleep. I run my fingers through his messy hair.
I smile at him. I hear him snoring. I give a slight chuckle. He's so peaceful.
It makes me happy seeing him like this.
I get out of bed and throw some clothes on. I look over at Killian to make sure he isn't awake. He's still fast asleep.
I open the door slowly trying not to make a sound. I walk out and grab my bag. I write a note for Killian, so he doesn't freak out. I pin it to the fridge
And head out of our apartment. I walk to my favorite flower shop, and buy a white rose.
I walk down the streets smiling at single flower.
A tear slips down my cheek as I recall the memories.

Killian's POV

I wake to a cold empty bed. I jump out of bed becoming dizzy at my sudden movement.
I fall to the wall for support.
I finally regain my balance and run to the kitchen. I see a note on the fridge,

Gone to take a walk.
Be back around 3. See ya, tonight.

Your love, Emma.

"Damn." I whisper to myself.
I walk back to our room and grab my phone.
I put a tracker in her phone, so I can tell where she is. I activate the tracker. She's walking towards Green-Wood Cemetery.
Why would she be going there?
I get ready very quickly and run out the door. I grab my keys.

-

I pull up to the cemetery. It's huge so I don't know exactly where she is.
I walk for a few minutes until I spot her by a grave.
Neal's maybe.
I hide behind a tree, so she doesn't notice me.
I hear her talking, but I can't make out what she's saying.
I take a closer look at the grave.
Henry Swan.

Emma's POV

I kneel by the grave.
"Hey, kid." Tears start to fall down my cheeks. "Killian's, being a hard ass again, but what can I expect?" I laugh still crying. "I miss you, kid. What happened? What happened to our future? I thought we we're supposed to be a family." Tears are now falling down my face uncontrollably. "I think you would really like Killian. He's funny, smart, handsome, and all around amazing. I wish you could've met him... I miss you Henry. I may not have had the chance to know you, but I will always love you. Know this, Henry you are loved and you always will be. There will always be a place for you in my heart, and nothing will ever replace that... I hope you're happy, kid. That's all I ever wanted, was for you to be happy. I love you Henry." I put my head on the grave and put the flower on the ground. "Happy birthday... See you next week, kid." I stand up, and walk away.

Killian's POV

I hear her words. They touch my heart like nothing I've ever felt.
I hear her get up. I hide behind the tree trying not to be seen.
After she leaves, I walk over to the grave.

Henry Daniel Swan.
Beloved son.

December 3, 2005-December 8, 2005.

Today's his birthday. He was only five days old.
I put my hand to my mouth in shock.
Emma's son.
"Emma." I whisper as tears start to fall.
This is what she was hiding. She had a son.
I run out of the graveyard just to see Emma leaning against my car.
"Emma?" I say in shock.

"What are you doing here, Killian!?" She yells tears still falling down her cheeks.

"Emma, I can explain." I say softly.

"You better have one hell of an excuse!" She snaps. "You said that I could tell you on my own time, this doesn't look like my 'own time', Killain!
I thought you trusted me to tell you when I could, you don't respect my business. Killian, I thought you were different, I thought I could trust you!
Now you know everything about me!" She falls to her knees and cries.
I run over to her and hold her in my embrace.

"I'm sorry, Emma." I hold her tight. "I'm so so sorry!"
She cries into my shoulder.
I pick her up and set her in my car.
I hop in the drivers side and start to drive home.
"I'm sorry, Emma." I finally say.

"You have no idea how painful this day is." She says staring out the window.

"I know," I whisper.

"You have no idea what I'm going through." She snaps.

"I might not have lost a child, but I've felt my fair share of heartbreak, Emma!" I yell. "You're not the only one who's lost someone you love!" I scream at her.
"I lost my best friend since childhood. Her name was Amber. She died in a drowning accident. She was always there to help me through the thick and thin. She never let me down, no matter now many times I let her down. I never got to say goodbye. I would do anything just to say goodbye to her one last time!" I look over at her, I can see she has tears running down her face.
We pull up to our apartment. I get out and so does she.
I unlock the door, and throw my jacket on the closest thing.
Emma walks straight to the bedroom. She slams the door, which causes me to jump.
I walk over to the door and knock.
"Emma?" I ask softly.

"Go away!" She yells from the other side.

"I'm sorry, Emma." I turn around and put my back to the door.

"I don't care, go away!" She yells again.

"I'm not leaving until you open the door and talk to me." I slide down the door.

"Go away, Killian!"

"I'm not leaving." I say sternly. "Just talk to me, Emma." I sigh.

"No." I can hear she's just on the other side.

"Please, Emma." I beg.

"Just go!" I can hear the tears in her eyes.

"For the last time, Emma I'm not leaving." I lean my head against the door.
I can hear her crying.
"Please just let me in." I say in a soft voice.
I hear the door unlock. I stand up quickly, as the door opens further
I see her tear stained cheeks. I quickly pull her in for a tight hug.
"I'm so sorry, Emma. I should've respected your privacy, and waited for you to tell me. I was being a stubborn ass."
She stays silent which starts to scare me. "Emma?"

"I forgive you." She says barely a whisper.

"You do?" I ask surprised.

"Yes, I'm sorry I snapped." She buries her head in my shoulder.

"You had every right too." I whisper in her ear. "I'm sorry for yelling at you." I look down in shame.
She tightens her grip around me. I squeeze my eyes shut and lean my head on top of hers.

"I think it's time I tell you." She whispers.

"What?" I ask pulling away form her slightly.

"About my son." She looks up at me with watery eyes.