Lost Above

"Notch!!" Tammy clumsily curtsied.

"No need for formalities, Tammy Booksrow."

"You know my name?"

"Of course I do, and I also just said we have no time to waste," he hovered slightly above the ground. "Aura is being dragged to Sanctity's Pond. The first pond my brother and I ever swam in.."

"No.."

"Come on, we have to get there quickly," Solace started to run. Notch caught up with him.

"We won't make it on time on foot. Solace.. you know what you must do."

"It will expose me.."

"It's the only way to save you both."

He sighed and slowly lifted himself off the ground. Tammy and Brady gasped.

"Solace, how are you doing that?

"No matter," he avoided looking at them as he held out his hands. "Grab on."

They both hesitated but grabbed on. "Where to, uncle?"

"Uncle?!"

"In the direction of the rising sun," he pointed off in that direction.

"Lead the way!"

= =

"Agh! Stop please, you're hurting me!" Aura kicked around as Buttercup dragged her by her dark locks, laughing evilly.

"Shut up!" Graze sneered, "How much farther, BC?"

"Not that much," she tossed a bluish-green looking pearl playfully in her hand, "Just an enderpearl or two throw away."

She wound back with her free hand and launched the pearl as far into the cities outskirts as she could. There was a flash of purple, and Aura cried out as her hair was yanked, and her back slammed into the ground from teleporting.

Graze appeared next to her and kicked her in the side. "Shut up!! BC, one more throw?"

"Yeah."

They launched another one, and by this point, Aura was to weak to scream out.

"Here we are princess," BC tossed her onto the ground at the edge of clear pond. For as far as she could see they were surrounded by plains.

"... Please. It was just a game, I didn't cheat."

"And we're supposed to believe you?! The scum of this world? Children of Herobrine?!" She hissed

"Please... Don't believe the lies."

"Lies?!" She drew her sword from her back sheath, "Years ago, my two brothers went to the Nether looking for resources. One watched as the other died to one of your creatures!"

"It doesn't make them evil," she sat up, wiping blood from her mouth, "They're just protecting their home. You overworlders kill them, and for what? Resources? Resources that you need to build your houses, to decorate them, to make the potions you so desire. You sound like you hate the Nether, but need it at the same time."

Her fist clenched tighter around the sword handle, "Your father killed many of us."

"In the past may be, but your kind has done the same. You want to know why many have never met a Nether born person? Because they're almost little to none left. But you want to know what, we don't hate you, because that was in the past. We're trying to rebuild our home, we've moved on from the past, why can't you? Why does it still matter to you?"

"BECAUSE THAT PORTAL SHOULD HAVE NEVER EXISTED! HE SHOILD HAVE NEVER BUILT IT!" She screamed and kicked her in the stomach into the pond.

= =

"AUGGHH!" Solace fell from the air to the ground below. Tammy and Brady toppled down with him.

"Nonono! Come on don't give up! We're almost there!" Tammy crawled over to him.

"Do it for Aura!"

He couldn't say anything. His lungs and his whole body felt like he was going to burn to a crisp, but at the mention of his dear sister's name he summoned some strength and pulled him and them off the ground. Notch held him under his arms to assist him, two figures coming into view.

"I see some people!" Tammy pointed at them.

Notch dove towards that direction. Tammy and Brady dropping down behind them.

"Freeze!" Brady pulled back his bow and arrow.

"Where's Aura?" Tammy spat.

The two jumped back in surprise. Graze raising his weapon.

"Who are you?"

"We're there friends! Now where is she?"

"Why do you care? Don't you know what they are?" Buttercup stepped forward.

"They will not ask again!" Notch set Solace down and came close to them, "Unhand my niece!"

"B-but Notch they're here to wreck havoc!"

"I SAID ENOUGH!" His voice rising to a boom.

They shrank back, but Graze kept speaking.

"You helped them cheat in the tournament!"

"I did no such thing! And I will not repeat myself again. Give me, my niece!"

Buttercup held back tears of fear, and shakily pointed at the pond, "She's in there."

"No.." Solace coughed. He clutched his heart, close to death.

"Tammy! Brady! Get her out of there!"

They scrambled over and reached in, hoping she was close to the surface. When she wasn't, Brady dove in after her.

= =

Her vision blurred, and her lungs were filling with the burning liquid. She clawed at the water around her, but each movement burned even more.

I need to save Solace. I have to... break... the... bond.

She felt everything about to disappear from her when two hands pulled her upwards. When her head came out, she gasped for breath.

"Aura!" Tammy's voice making it through to her.

"Aura, say something!" Brady begged.

Words could not be formed. She reached out, trying to thank him in a way, but a soft glowing hand caught hers.

"Hey kid, stay with me now!" Preston said sternly. His lava form illuminating the darkness. Josh and a guard stood behind her.

"Preston.." She managed to murmur.

He unbuttoned his shirt and let her hair flow onto his legs. Her body beginning to regenerate.

"Guards, arrest these two!" Notch ordered.

"Yes, sir!"

"It's not fair!" Buttercup cried, "We were only trying to protect this world!"

"Don't worry," Graze snickered, "We will!"

He quickly charged at a now standing Solace when everything happened in a flash.

Aura had risen from the ground in time to throw herself in front of it, she was saying something, saying it so fast that all Solace made out was, 'I love you.' Before the world went black for them both.