Tag Team

After the round, Aura limped back to the gates waving and smiling at the crowd. A small team of medics gathered at the gates, offering her potions.

"Nono, I'm fine. I have my own," she pulled out a bottle and slowly drank it making her way to Notch's viewing box. It tasted bitter to her, no effects taking place. She tossed the bottle over her shoulder as a guardian neared her. He took her to the viewing box, where they congratulated her.

"Well done, Aura."

"I didn't do much," she sighed in relief as Solace healed himself/her.

"Knock back really packs a punch," he chuckled.

"I'll say," she stretched as soon as she was healed. Notch shook his head.

"Please, I'm begging you two. Quit now. I don't want to see you hurt."

"Uncle, please we've made it this far, plus we desperately need the emeralds."

"How else would we get the things we need to enchant, and purchase rare materials for school?" Solace whined.

"It's too dangerous!" Notch boomed, "I won't see my niece and nephew slain at once because of ignorance. If you needed emeralds so badly, why didn't you ask me?"

"We're sorry.."

Aura droned on, explaining why. But, on the other side of the door, silver haired Buttercup, had been listening. Her fist clenched tightly.

"Cheaters!! Their uncle is Notch?!" She gasped in terror, realizing what it meant. "Oh my Notch, Herobrine is their father?! Those nether freaks!"

She saw Graze coming her way and grinned. "They'll pay for this.. Hey, Graze!"

"Yea? You're Buttercup right?"

"Call me BC. Anyways, how would you like team?"

"I don't do teams," he smirked.

"You're going to have to for the final round," she licked her lips and walked away.

= =

"So you charge while I go in for the actual kill in the right, got it?"

"But what if he dodges?" Aura frowned, lacing up her boots.

"You cut him off," he slashed the air with his sword, his expression serious.

"Okay," she bounced up off the seat and tucked her hair back into her hood. "I'm nervous."

"Don't be," he gripped her by the shoulders, "Be careful."

"I will."

He smiled and hugged her.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the final round will now begin! The remaining contestants have chosen their partners with whom they will both win the tournament!"

The crowd roared louder than a stack of TNT going off. The announcer hovered to the first gate, "In this corner, Graze and Buttercup!!"

Their fans cheered and tossed flowers as the two came out, waving. He went to their gate. The twins took a breath and turned.

"And in this corner, H and Sooolace!"

The cheers grew louder.

"And finally our surprise challengers, Mitch and Jerome!"

"WHAT?!" They all gasped as the two, world renowned champion PvP-ers stepped out.

"Let the battle commence!!"

The firework went off.

"Are you sure this will work?" Graze whispered, drawing his sword.

"Trust me, they wouldn't risk it."

They went off running at each other. Aura and Solace were back to back fighting Jerome and Mitch.

"We heard you were good," Jerome smirked, his sword clashing with Aura's.

"Yeah, you're even better together," Mitch added as Solace dodged his swing.

"Let's fix that, shall we?" Jerome brought his sword down between them, forcing them to separate. While they were still in shock, Jerome swung and planted a punch across her jaw. Solace ground his teeth together, holding in a scream. She sprawled to the ground as they surrounded her brother.

"No!" She grabbed her sword and tried to get back up.

Buttercup cackles and skipped by her dumping a bucket of water in her way.

"Ah!" She gasped and stumbled back as it swelled into a large flowing puddle.

"What's the matter, princess? You scared of a little water?" Graze sneered dumping another one behind and beside her. She shrunk back surrounded by water, and the only way to get to her brother would be to swim and burn in the process.

"It's over for you, so don't worry about him!" BC snickered, noticing her expression, and drawing back her bow. A perfectly open shot with Aura being helplessly stuck in the middle, she let the arrow fly.

"Aura, duck!" Solace cried.

She did as she was told, her hand landing in the water on accident. She screeched in pain.

"Graugh!" He dropped his sword and stared at the burn in his own palm.

She loaded another arrow and let it loose. Aura regained her composure and deflected it, her knees weak from the pain in her body.

She searched her person and found a bottle. She scooped up the water and ran for him.

"No! Stop her Graze!"

"On it!" He leapt in her way, but she summoned jump boost from deep inside her and flew over him.

"What?!"

She pulled out her back up sword and threw it down. It buried itself in his chest, and he was out.

"Hey!" She called out to Jerome and Mitch. They faced her and she flung a potion of damaging out. It burst, and they moved. With agility and flourish, she grabbed one of Jerome's axes and sent soaring into Mitch.

"Benja!"

"You can join him!" Solace groaned, scooping his sword and stabbing it through him.

"Crap!" Buttercup panicked. She stepped back and screamed as fell back onto her own sword.

"Game, set and match! The winner are H AND SOLACE!"

"We did it!"

"Yes!" They hugged and high fived. Their friends flooding out from the gates to congratulate them and take them home.