Chapter 3

Hey guys... I realized I never gave an image on how the balloon that you carried looked like... So I drew an image on how it actually looks like, so from the last chapter you should now get what I meant by a smiley face that looked like it'd been drawn by a finger.... The image is dark for effect, I made it like that. And the real color of the balloon is really bright yellow, it came like that cause of the changes and effect I wanted.....

I walked deeper and deeper into this weird wonderland. Everywhere I looked, I could see illuminate shadows and fog everywhere. The wind was blowing gently around here and there, making the balloon I held shake as well as I tightened my grip around its tiny string. I wanted to see if there was anything I could do here.....

Pop goes the weasel

I cursed loudly in my head. Where is that coming from? I had no answers.... No one I could ask. Tears weld up in my eyes as I walked looking down, balloon held next to me. You stopped to look up sadly at the full moon in the sky. You started walking again, towards where the old and broken rides were. You saw that you reached an old Ferris wheel and traced your fingers on the large metal beams.

You saw something that looked like a circus tent up ahead. Curiously you walked up towards it. You peeked inside the broken door and stepped in.

The balloons drawn on eyes seemed to watch you carefully. You let it slip and saw rows and rows of seats with a circus ring in the middle. You sighed sadly as you sat down in a small chair in the middle row and looked sadly at the empty circus ring. You looked up at the tattered ceiling, tears falling down like a tiny waterfall. Your voice cracked.

"Why is my life like this?" You asked yourself softly.

That's when you burst into tears. You wanted your life to go back the way it was, the time when you were back with your brother, and not in the hell like life you were living.

You felt something tabbing on top of your head. You looked up to see the yellow floating down at you.

......

Wait... Down?!

You looked at it confused through your blurry eyes. You looked down at its string, realizing it wasn't in your hand.

'How can it be floating in one spot without me holding it?'  You thought confused to yourself. You looked at it and tilted your head. You lifted a finger and pushed it away to see what would happen. But it just came back. Now you were really confused.

"Ummmm....." You weren't sure what to say. "......hello?...." The balloon looked like it was nodding which shocked you. 'Must be the wind'. You sighed and traced a finger down the string. "You might be the only one who understands.." You said softly. The balloon stood still as if it were listening carefully.

"Nothing's right anymore." You continued in your whisper. "Mom and dad are gone, the men back at the cell are getting abusive, I'm hungry and overall thirsty. And ..... And....."

You looked down, fresh tears silently fell. "Finn's dead...." You did a tiny sniffle. "I can barely visit his grave without anyone knowing I escaped for that long...."

You felt another bump on your head and you slowly looked up. The balloon was bumping its face on your forehead. You had to smile slightly at that. "At least I'm safe....for now." You said, your face turning into a frown. "If anyone finds out I'm missing... I'm dead.... LITERALLY..."