Avengers (Civil War Scenario) - Tranquillity

In the spirit of Civil War and the release of the trailer I've been considering writing a fic about this scenario for a while. Here's a one-shot version. Who knows - it might turn into a running series.

Character: Avengers

Prompt: Civil War – You are the daughter of Tony Stark and the wife of Bucky Barnes as well as best friends with Natasha and Steve.

Warnings: Mentions of alcohol and blood.

Length: 1386 words

Tranquillity

You sat on the floor of Stark tower, shattered glass and debris surrounding you on every side. Slowly, you pulled the piece of glass from your arm. With a wince, you poured the brown alcohol from the bottle of whiskey onto the wound and sterilised the area. Damn men. It was supposed to be just a chat. Your father had promised as much. And then everything had gone to hell. It had been a chaotic flurry of repulsor blasts, metal limbs and a shield. And you'd been caught in the middle. The common thread that tied together your husband, your two best friends and your father. How the hell would this ever be okay?

"Stark?" came the soft voice of one of those best friends. Probably an ex-friend now you came to think of it. Natasha approached cautiously, eyeing the gun and half empty whiskey bottle sitting by your thigh. "Hey, (Y/N)?"

"What do you want?" you growled, throwing her a venomous look. You stumbled to your feet to match her height. "You couldn't just leave it, could you Nat?"

Her eyes were wide as you stepped closer, removing the personal space between the both of your bodies.

"They were actually getting somewhere! And then you go and call in backup to have them arrested," you spat.

"It's my job, (Y/N). I had to," she sighed, looking towards the shattered glass that once held the Avengers symbol, "I don't expect you to understand."

"You're damned right I don't understand. I could never turn in my friends. Just count yourself lucky they got away or we'd be having a very different conversation..."

Your voice trailed off as a new figure entered the darkened room.

"(Y/N)?"

Immediately, you stepped away from Natasha. You were outnumbered now. You hated to admit that. It would be safer to escape now before anything could happen but you needed to hear him out.

"Sweetie, can we please just talk?" Tony asked, his body clad in a damaged looking Iron Man suit.

"We tried that, Dad! And look what happened!" you waved your arm around gesturing to the destroyed room, "How am I ever supposed to take your side on this now?"

In an instant, you'd grabbed your gun from the floor and pointed it towards his armoured chest. You physically recoiled from the action. You'd never be able to pull the trigger but you needed more time.

"Easy, there," he held his hands up in surrender, "I love you, honey. I don't want to have to do anything I'd regret."

Tears were forming in his eyes.

"You just need to sign the declaration and it'll all be over," he whispered, already knowing your answer.

"Sign the Accords? So they have permission to kill my husband?" you laughed sarcastically. "You know Bucky, Dad. He's not a killer."

"He'd want you to be safe. This is the only way," he said, avoiding the issue.

You're grip on the gun tightened. Bucky would want you to be safe. Just like he told you last week. He'd told you to flee. To give up the life you had with him and go back to what you once had. But you couldn't.