Bucky Barnes / The Winter Soldier - Beauty and the Beast

A/N – Hey guys! I just wanted to take a second to say a huge thank you to everyone for reading! I've only had this book for one month and it's already at 500 reads! So thanks to everyone who's contributed. In celebration, here's some Bucky fluff. Sorry it's so long! :)

Character: Bucky Barnes / The Winter Soldier

Prompt: She's So High by Tal Bachman

Warnings: Nadda.

Length: 1257

Beauty and the Beast

Her eyes. The colour of the sea on a glorious day. Her smile. As bright as the morning sun. Those lips...and her hips...

Bucky shook his head violently. He'd been doing his best to keep those kinds of thoughts from his head for the past month but he wasn't having very much luck. Ever since he'd moved into the Tower, his companionship with both you and Steve had blossomed. And if he was being truthful with himself, he knew his friendship with you had morphed into something else entirely.

"Buck...Hey Buck?" Steve asked, waving his hand in front of Bucky's motionless figure.

"Uhh...ye...yeah?"

"What's up with you lately?" he murmured, eyeing his tense frame on the common room lounge.

"I...Nothing! Nothing is wrong. I've just been...distracted," Bucky murmured, glancing towards to doors as they flew open.

There you were.

(Y/N) Stark.

He'd never met anyone so real and beautiful and bright in his entire 90-something years. He watched as you entered the room, laughing effortlessly with Natasha and Clint as you threw a playful punch Tony's way. You were a dream. A dream of a dream.

His breath hitched as the soft city glow played on your skin, making you look ethereal.  Shifting his gaze to his mismatched hands, he came to the same conclusion that he always did. He would never deserve someone so perfect...someone so full of light and happiness.

He knew deep down where he belonged and that would never be with you.

At that moment, you spotted Steve and Bucky on the lounge.

"Hey fellas! What movie are we watching tonight?"

"I was thinking maybe something classic?" pondered Tony, throwing himself onto the opposite end of the couch.

"What about an animated film?" asked Clint.

"Snow White?" asked Pietro, entering the room with Bruce and Wanda. "That always been a personal favourite of mine," he sniggered.

"Nah, I reckon Beauty and the Beast," Nat announced, pulling the DVD case from the huge collection. Everyone seemed to agree upon this. Especially given that Steve, Bucky, Vision and Bruce admitted that they'd never seen it. This earned a loud laugh and many taunts from Tony.

As the movie began, (Y/N) came back with four bowls of popcorn. You placed them down gently on the coffee table and then came to take her seat between Steve and Bucky. Immediately he felt his limbs tighten. His body was suddenly aware of how close you were. He could so easily reach out and....

No! He couldn't do that. He had nothing he could give you. He was hollow and fragile and full of regret.  What did he have to offer? He couldn't even sleep without having a nightmare. He had no right to desire such a beauty...someone so high above him. But he couldn't help himself.