Entry 2: The annoucement

Well here I am... Writing again... Well I saw Sam today. I didn't say much. But I gave a look that made it obvious I wanted to cut his head off. He got the message. He walked away right after. Well now I'm writing about how the news was broken down to me. So here goes... I'll start from only a couple of weeks until I leave.

I walked back home after a long day of school. It was a good feeling. I loved leaving school since everyone is such an asshole. "Dad..." I said as he passed by me. "What do you want?" He asked rudely.

"There are some kids at school, they're beating me up. Do you think you can help me?" I asked.

"Learn to defend yourself, you sissy. I swear it's like I have a daughter more than a son." He said as he walked away from me. I sighed and went upstairs to my room. "What's wrong, Dom?" Emily, my dad's maid, asked as she walked over to me. "Same problem."

"You shouldn't tell your dad. Instead, tell a teacher." She told me as I threw my backpack into my room. "I can't do that! If I do they'll beat me up even more for snitching." I said while I sat on my bed. "Look, I can't do much. But I'll try to tell him to do something about it." She told me while she patted my head. "Thanks."

She nodded and quietly walked away. I laid on my bed, staring at the ceiling. "I'm rich... I thought I would be happy because of this... But money doesn't comfort you, but it can buy you comfort... Wait a minute..." I said while i sat up again. Could I bribe the people at school to be my friends? Possibly, but they would most likely take the money and treat me like shit again.

Suddenly, my dad came into my room to talk to me for the first time in my life. "Dom, I have news for you." He said as I listened. "Yeah?" I questioned.

"We're going to Japan in a couple of months, you'll have to do your studies there. Or not I don't care what you do there." He said as he walked out of the room. He closed the door. Japan? Why would we go to Japan? It's on the other side of the world what could we possibly do there? I went into my closet and grabbed one of my many hats.

"I wonder if it's business stuff." I said to myself as I walked over to my desk. I got out my homework and looked at it, blankly. "I-I forgot what it was... Maybe I should just go play Xbox." I said as I closed the textbook after only one minute of looking at it. I walked to the tv room and turned on my Xbox. "Let's see." I said as the game intro came on. "Minecraft or call of duty?" I asked myself.

I looked at the minecraft game and chose to play that. "Minecraft..." I said as I put it in and started playing it.

So by this time I thought Japan was going to be much better than here. I thought I was going to be very well liked. Maybe change myself. But it wasn't until later I discovered that we were going to Japan in a couple of two to three weeks. But on this day I figured out something that no kid should ever hear their parents say...

After a brief period of playing minecraft I got bored so I went to my room to check if I had any money. I only found a small amount of 15 dollars. "Oh man." I said as I grabbed my jacket and put my current hat away and replaced it with a new hat. I walked out of my room and closed it, I was going over to gamestop to see what I could buy for 15 bucks.

I walked down the stairs and noticed the house was emptier than usual. I found it strange. I would either find Emily walking around, cleaning or getting stuff for my dad done. Or I would see my dad drinking in the bar he has. But I didn't see either of them... Where could they be? Curiosity got to my mind and I looked around for any signs of them.

"Hello?" I called out. "Emily? Dad?" I looked around in different rooms. I checked my dad's study, which he never allowed me aside of. He wasn't there. The only thing that was there were a couple of football posters. Also Doritos ads. He never featured me in any of them. But he did feature his brother's son. Which exactly expected. He likes him better than me.

I kept looking and I checked in his bedroom. There was nothing. Just his bed and some other unimportant things. I checked his room and I saw a picture of my dad and my mom. "Mom..." I mumbled as I grabbed the photo. I touched her picture as I looked at my dad. He looked so different. He looked younger. He looked less stressed. He looked... Happy. I looked at my old self.

I was even happier. I was two the time this picture was taken. I looked at my mother and she was just getting a job as an author. I chuckled as I saw my uncle, he was a doctor and researched medicine for diseases. "If only he found a cure for breast cancer... Maybe things could've been better and mom could've still been here." I said as I set it back.

Yeah that's right... My mom... She died. She was a strong woman. I always loved her more than my dad. She was fighting the cancer for 10 years until she died when I was 12, which was like 3 years ago from this time. In real life time it's 4 years now. She lost the battle as soon as I turned 12 too... What a birthday present... Best birthday ever, I guess...

I walked out my dads room and checked the dining room. There he was, he was typing in the computer. "Oh, uh, hey dad. Mind if I go to game stop?" I asked him.

"Sure go ahead I don't care." He said as I closed the door. I began walking back to the door to leave the house. I still wondered where Emily is. Maybe she's in the kitchen, getting lunch ready. I left the house and began walking to gamestop.

When I got there not many people were around. So I was one of the only customers there. I took a look around and I saw the new game of street fighter was out. "Aw sweet!" I cried as I looked at the price. "59.99?! Oh man..." I said as I went to go check out other games. "Hi, may I get a copy of the new street fighter video game?" I heard a guy ask the cashier as he walked into the store.

I looked over at him and the cashier nodded as he got out his keys. He walked over to it and opened the glass. "Here you go." He said as he handed it to him. "Excuse me, can you show me which controller is good enough for my xbox?" I heard another kid ask. "Sure, let me quickly show you."

I saw the guy walk away from the glassed up stuff. Which meant the game was free for the taking. I walked over to it and looked both ways. I stared into the street fighter game. "Take me." I heard it say as I looked into it. I grabbed it and put it inside my shirt and began to walk away causally.

I whistled as I walked past the cashier and then I was halted by the other cashier. "What's that?" He asked. I looked all around and pretended I didn't see or notice anything. "What? I don't know what you're talking about." I told him. He opened up my jacket and spotted the street fighter game. "Just as I thought, you're going to have to call your dad." He said as he put the game back.

"Oh jeez, like he cares." I said as the other guy handed me a phone and I dialed up his number. He picked up. "Hey dad..." I said as the two demanded I went on speaker. "Who's this?" He asked. "It's me... Dom." I told him.

"Dom? Dom who." He asked once again. I sighed and said. "Dom Rao Dorito... Dad you don't even know my name?" I asked him. "Oh, that kid that disappoints me all the time? Hey kid, what's up?" I looked at the cashiers and they gave each other looks. "I got caught stealing."

"Why do I care? Steal whatever you want it doesn't effect me." He said as the two guys cleared their throats. "Let me handle this." The other said as he grabbed the phone. "Um... Mr. Dorito, this is the third time your boy has attempted to steal from us. We need to start taking action. If you don't we will we'll contact the police." He said.

"Go ahead, less stress for me. I got no time for a son." He said as he hung up on them. He sighed and put the phone back on the counter. "Look, I'll give you ONE last chance, since you have a crummy father. But one of time and it's done, I'm going take action and call the police." He said as I nodded.

I walked out of the store and went back home...

Well there you have it. My dad would seriously not give a shit if I went to jail. Shows how good of a dad he is. Well I need to get going now. I'm going to go make something to eat since I haven't eaten anything but Doritos for the past three days...