Prologue

-edited-
Veronica POV:

"Xavier!" I squeaked, as he lifted me over his broad shoulder. He held a firm grip around on my legs as he spun me around. He slams my college dorm door and slams me on the couch.

"What did you want to tell me?" He asked as he sat me on his lap.

"Xavier, we've been together for four years, a-and I don't want you to be mad or leave me-" he held my hands looked me dead in the eyes. Man I loved him so much, I still do.

"Veronica, I love you more than anything in this world. Whatever you need to tell me, say it, and we'll push through it together, whether it's good or bad." He placed his hand on my cheek and I leaned into it.

I grabbed his free hand and took a deep breath. "Xavier," I felt a tear slide down my cheek, "Xavier, I'm pregnant." I never seen him smile so wide. His pearly whites, flashed as I smiled too. He let go of my hands and hugged me and kissed my neck.

"Veronica, that's the best news I could ever receive." He let go of me only to kiss me, rough, but passionate. "V. I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too." He kissed my stomach and placed his head on my chest.

About twenty minutes later his phone starts vibrating rapidly. "You gonna get that?" I asked.

"I guess." He grabbed his phone from his back pocket.

"Damn. Babe, I'll see you in the morning there's something I need to take care of." He kissed my lips and got up.

"Love you." I told him.

"Love you too. I'll be back in the morning." That would've been the happiest day of my life, if him coming back, wasn't a lie.