“who was at the door, hun?” your mom yelled from the kitchen “no one, i’m just gonna head upstairs now” you rushed, as you turned around and began to run up the stairs, not waiting for your moms response.

Running into your room, you set the box down on the bed and shut the door tightly. Turning back around, you walked over to your bed and sat down right in front of the box. “now what can you be?” you asked aloud, as if the box was going to respond. Bringing your hand up, and getting your fingers underneath the top piece of cardboard, you yanked it open, as quickly as you possibly could.

Once it was finally open, you got onto your knees, to have a better view, as you reached inside. The tips of your fingers brushed against the soft feeling fabric, they clenched onto it and lifted it up and out of the box. Holding it out in front of you, you realized it was a familiar ‘blue crew’ shirt. “Scotty’s shirt? Why would i get this?” you asked, as you set it aside. Once more you reached inside, but you ha to reach all the way to the bottom till you touched something. Just by the first touch of it, you knew it was a piece of paper. This you took out faster then the shirt and quickly opened the folded paper. Seeing the un-neat writing before you, you instantly knew it was Scotty’s handwriting, you were smiling before you even read a single word. Your eyes began to scan over the paper as you took in every single word.

Game tonight, meet’cha out by the truck at 6:45, wear the shirt -Scotty’

Game what game? Oh that’s right, the basketball game!” you thought, but just tossed the paper on the bed, along side the shirt, as you laid your head down against your pillow.

Soon enough time passed on and you began to get ready.

Slipping on the blue crew t-shirt, you glanced over at the clock. “six forty-five, right on the dot” you said a loud, as you went over towards your bed. Putting your hands on the bed, you leaned over it and glanced out the window.

Scotty was out there, leaning up against his truck, phone in hand and scrolling through. Puling your phone out of your pocket for a moment, you opened up a new text box and began to type.

Look up :)”

Once you sent he messageyou climbed onto the bed and lifted up the window Scotty still had yet to notice you, as you stuck your head out the window.

A moment later, his phone buzzed in his hand, you could see him opening the message up and finally he looked up. Catching you looking down at him, his cheeks were stained with a light pink color, barely noticeable, but the smile on his face could be seen a mile away.

“I like your shirt” Scotty called up, as he could see the hemline of the blue colored shirt. “oh thanks, i borrowed it from a friend” you said, having a smug smile appear on your face. “ahh, that’s cool. that’s, now come on we got a game to go see!” he said, excitedly as he began hitting the truck with his hands, making a drumming sound. “okay, catch me!” you said as you began to climb out the window. Scotty’s eyes widened “(yourname) don’t even think about jumping from there!” he said in a now complete serious tone “oh why not it’d be fun!” you said, now carefully crawling across the roof “oh yeah, breaking bones does sound fun” Scotty jokingly said, following you, as you crawled across “be careful! I hate when you go ont he roof in this kind of weather” he continued “i’ll be fine! I’ve done this hundreds of times!” you said, now reaching the ladder. Turning around slightly, you carefully placed your feet on the ladder. Out of the corner of your eye, you could see Scotty, gripping onto the ladder for dear life, with sincerity in his eyes. Carefully you made your way down the ladder, making sure that every step you took wouldn’t lead to a painful ending.