Chapter 8

The entire next month was horrible, scary and utterly exciting. Nothing stood between Riley and i anymore and our weekends were beautiful. My feelings for him grew until i was unsure that they could get any bigger. Our problem was not merely feelings, or even that i was a bloodsucking monster. Our problem was that i was sick, and vampires didn't get sick. I fell too ill, not being able to get out of bed, but luckily Riley and I got excused from classes till i was better.

"You shouldn't have to see me like this, please Riley go to cla.." my sentence cut off with the sudden need to barf. Riley grabbed the bucket and handed it to me whilst he held my hair back.

"I'm not going anywhere whilst your like this. Ms Jane is looking into whatever it is that is going on with you, she will figure it out and the we can get you better."

"I do like your confidence in me Riley, and indeed i have found the problem." Ms Jane had a habit of popping up at bad times and today there would be no exception.

"What's happening to me?" i say weakly, another urge to chuck being suppressed.

"On the borderline of too much information here i feel myself having to ask, have you two slept together" Out of all the things she could of said, i never expected this. Riley and i contemplated whether to tell her, Riley blurting it out when I released whatever was left of my stomach.

"Yes we have, but what does this have to do with whats wrong." Ms Jane stared at Riley until we all clicked.

"I'm... pregnant?" the words barley coming out of my mouth.

"She can't be, vampires cant get pregnant, their body is frozen." Riley had paled as he almost spat the words out.

"There is legends amongst the archives that you should of been aware of Riley, but seeming as you are in a state of shock i shall do my best to refresh your memory. There is a prophecy of a chosen one, who yes as cliche as it sounds, is different from the rest. This girl was said to be an old women, trapped in the body of a child. She is said to of been damaged, the transformation completing just enough for her to be immortal, but of course some of her genetic coding had been mutated. The women in the prophecy would be a danger to our traditions but a saviour to our kind. This women would carry the child of our people, the first born vampire, half human, half vampire."

When Ms Jane left, Riley and i were shocked into a stunned silence. Could i really be having a baby? I had dreamt for years of having one, but the realism set in that i would never get that chance.

"Riley?" my voice barely even a whisper. I look at him, well at least a paler version of him.

"Don't Ana, please just don't"

"Please dont shut me out, us out." i put my hand to my belly

" I cant do this Ana, im only seventeen." he barges out of the room

"Baby please, please dont." i didnt even get a chance to say leave before the door banged closed.

I cried myself to sleep that night, knowing i could of lost Riley forever, but knowing that i had been given a gift.