Chapter 2

The monster within my soul loves the variety of prey that comes with travelling but I guess there is still a part of me that’s sixteen again and want to roam the world. Even if I didn’t wish to travel my extravagant hunting means that I have no choice, I have to leave before people catch on to the murders, the dead bodies in the alleyways. It’s not like they care though , I feed on the homeless, the people whose life I saved by taking it. I guess I like moving around anyway I mean each prey brings something new to my eyes; each taste of their blood gives me a different image, and if travelling around means I find myself than I guess I will travel till the end of time. I'm the first of my kind that I know of, I’ve tried to find others like me but I can’t find anything. I hate hunting but my humanity has always been too weak to stand up to the monster in me. I am my own yin and yang except my darkness overpowers my light. In the beginning I couldn’t control how many I killed, the burning in my throat just wouldn’t go away. As I grew older I learned to tune out the burning but it never stopped being there. Instead of killing twenty people per week I’ve been able to lower it down to two, but still that’s not enough for me. I don’t want to be this monster, I want to be the sixteen year old girl who sought for her mother’s affection, the rich girl who boys swarmed over, I want to be me again, but we don’t always get what we want. At first I killed for the hunger, but the chase for the prey got so overwhelming and amusing that it became a game. I fed not just to ease my hunger but to amuse myself. The monster in me, if left to roam, will cause its own self destruction but if the humanity in me is left to roam than the body itself would cease to exist, so in turn they both have to work together, but neither will agree to join forces, and then you have me , the third person, the original person, me. Sometimes I find that I'm not there anymore, that I’ve died and someone has taken over my life. I try to imagine leaving this world, leaving this hell for peace, but if I’ve learnt anything it’s that life is not peaceful, it’s a roller coaster that never goes back up.