Chapter 15

Everyone is excited for the music ball! Not only because Dinah can show you off as her date, but the girls love to socialize. They are the little social butterflies that flutters everywhere.

"Alright guys so I called your makeup artists and we'll be doing all the glamouring here at my house." You said and smiled.

The girls yippied, excited that they don't have to ride really early for glamour. When you're about to approach Dinah to talk to her, Lauren pulled you by your arm and dragged you away from the girls.

"Hey?" You said.

Lauren raised her perfectly shaped bushy eyebrow that made her look pretty intimidating. "Ok, I don't want to accuse you for anything. But there are rumours floating around my Twitter that you went on a date with Tori yesterday?" She asked.

"Ok, hold up." You said. "You knew it was a lunch, that's all between friends. We are together in a restaurant and Dinah knew about it and you guys knew about it too." You defended.

"We know but in an article that I just read, it says that you two were holding hands and hugging. There were pictures." Lauren said.

"Maybe because there were people trying to harass her. She told me she feels scared, so I kinda just covered her with my body." You said. "Until we walked towards my car and I drove her home."

You don't feel offended at all, you know well enough how paparazzi capture things and twist it just to sell news no matter how it could damage someone's image. Also, you've watched and dealt with it with so many artist that the company is handling.

Lauren sighed, she knows she trusts you but she also wants to make sure. Dinah is special to her, like a sister. So, she might not say it but she apologizes that she reacted the way she did.

"Ok, fine. Just making sure." Lauren said.

You smiled reassuringly at her "Don't worry, Lauren. I promise you. I wouldn't dare try to do anything that will hurt Dinah, unintentionally or intentionally."

"Good, because you know how Polynesians get protective and Dinah also have 4 more sisters who would not bat an eye to hurt you if you hurt Dinah." Lauren said and glared at you playfully.

You rolled your eyes and nodded your head. "I would not dream of ever having to face the Poly beat down."

Lauren laughed and nodded her head. "Yeah you would not want to know." And that the girls joined you guys and you talked for a while.

You noticed that Hailee sort of distanced herself from the circle or to be precise distanced herself from Camila. You frowned because those two used to be always close and talking to each other.

Before you can even talk, Leo brought in the glam team for Fifth Harmony.

"Ladies!!! It's time." Says the team. You smiled, amused at the bickering between glam team and Fifth Harmony.

"I'll see you later?" You asked Dinah.

"You're my date, of course I'll be seeing you." Dinah said and winks before following the glam team.

Ok.. Snap out of it Y/N.. Snap out of it. Yes, you are very lucky to be Dinah's date for the ball. Yes, it is official. Phew, ok hope you won't embarrass yourself soon.  You thought.

When you finally snapped out of it. You looked at Hailee who is sitting on the couch. So, then you sat beside her and looked at her. You looked at her until she realizes that you've been looking at her.

"Hey." She said awkwardly.

"How are you?" You asked. Stupid question, it's obvious she's not alright.