He nodded and started leading the way, swiftly walking through the many bookshelves that was inside the library. Soon enough, we stepped out of the air-conditioned room, to be greeted with a cold breeze.

As if it wasn't cold enough in the library.

I hugged my jacket tighter around myself, wrapping my arms around myself to provide warmth. I looked at Troye expectantly, waiting for him to say something.

"Football practice is usually on Monday and Wednesday afternoon, and I won't be free this Friday, I have a football match and an after party that same night. Are you free tomorrow?" Troye asked, his voice orotund, full and deep.

  • • •

We had already decided that for this week, we aren't having any tutoring sessions because none of us were free. Tomorrow was Thursday and I have an afternoon shift at the diner, making it impossible for us to meet because our schedules clashed.

I got a job after breaking up with Chase. Realizing that my schedule was very empty, I decided to fill it up by getting a job at a small and unknown diner called Holly's Diner. There weren't many people who visited, but  enough to keep the diner running. There were a lot of regulars, so that helped a lot. It was a good place to work at because I had an average pay, and it wasn't a tiring job. There wasn't anyone from school who ever visited, making it a perfect spot for me to spend most of my free time.

I was going to the party on Friday, and try to seduce Troye, hoping he'd at least drink a little.

That would make it so much easier.

I opened my Physics textbook, trying to make sense of the words and formulas that were printed in a multitude of colors: black for text, blue for definitions and red for formulas. Several shades of green, yellow and pink were carelessly highlighted, making the certain words stand out.

Focus!

This happens all the fucking time. I'd try to make an effort to study, only to be distracted by millions of different things. Suddenly, the plain white walls of my bedroom seemed so interesting. There were marks and chipped paint left by pictures that were ripped out of place. Each 'scar' on the wall had its own picture-perfect memory that was attached to it. Now that the pictures had been ripped out, the chipped paint and marks could finally be seen, previously being hidden by the picture-perfect memory that had been concealing it. Pictures of Savannah, Chase and myself.

But those were just pictures.

Nothing but pictures.

  • • •

I watch as Mrs Peterson write yet another formula on the board, telling us all to memorize it.

I look to my left, seeing Troye diligently scribbling notes as Mrs Peterson spoke, his eyes constantly darting between his textbook and the board.

What was he even taking down as notes for Physics?

I never took down notes. Not for Math, not for English and certainly not for Physics. Why would you need to copy notes when everything is already printed in the textbook? Wasn't that what textbooks were used for?

I briefly wondered if Troye would actually be using god forbid- notes, to try get me to understand the concepts and definitions of Physics? I certainly hope not. I was absolutely adamant about using notes. They were pointless and served no purpose.

Troye's head suddenly turned to the right, his bright brown eyes meeting my dull ones. I whipped my head to the front so fast my neck actually cracked. I winced, holding my neck in pain while trying to keep a straight face.