Identity

Kakeru flapped his wings violently, creating a cut on 27's face and a tear on Sora's hood. "Ahh! Nii-nii's cape!" he cried.

27 didn't react. He simply looked at the sky. Sora soon found it weird as 27 was basically ignoring Kakeru. And the situation was pretty dire.

Well, like he could say for himself.

-----

Sora, himself, was smiling, so wide, it was creepy. He was enjoying this. After all, the Idioteru he's hated all this time is finally gonna get what he deserved.

Then he slapped himself. [Nonono, I've gotta think a bit more seriously.] he scolded himself. [I'm not happy because it's game over for Kusokeru. I'm happy because everything's going exactly as planned!] he assured himself.

Then he turned back to reality.

-----

Kakeru seemed to be laughing maniacally. "I remember now..." Tears ran out of his left eye, blood poured out of his right eye. "Sawada Kakeru? Who the FUCK is that?"

He looked at 27. "It was you, right?"

They shifted their attention to 27. "You were the one who gave me this identity." Kakeru ran up to 27 and grabbed him by collar. "Why? Was it because you pitied me?"

27 didn't say anything. "Say something, you bastard!"

"What is there to say?" 27 said, no emotion in his voice.

Kakeru dropped 27 and flapped his wings, flying upwards.

-----

"Hey 27, you said last time that you found him on the same mission 51 sent you on to find us, right?" Sora suddenly asked.

Sora was already sitting down, gazing up at the majestic flying figure up above. 27 nodded. "You never mentioned, but what exactly did you do with him later on?"

Silence befell.

"I didn't do anything." 27's answer shocked everyone. "He did it himself."

Iemitsu was the first one to speak up. "What does that mean?"

27 looked at Kakeru. "He isn't merely a Chimera." 27 gulped. "He's a being...that can modify anything as he wishes."

"He can suddenly send us to Primo's time, or even worse, send everything to the ice age." 27 stopped to breathe. "He can control time, space, dimension, antimatter, electromagnetic waves."

27 just stopped. Then it flashed before Sora's mind.

"Does that mean..." Sora stood up. "He can kill all of us in the snap of a finger?"

27 hesitantly nodded.

-----

Kakeru suddenly descended rapidly. He smirked at Sora. "Sky Sora. Oozora Ten. Cielo."

27's eyes suddenly widened. "Stop!" 27 shouted. Sora was stunned. It was more than rare for 27 to lose his cool. Kakeru grinned wider.

"Who should I reveal first? 27? Or Cielo?" Sora didn't understand. Reveal? Was there more to what he himself didn't know?

-----

After a while of silence, Kakeru made his choice and turned to 27. Sora wanted to stop him, but something held him back. He looked back and found something like giant nails pinning his legs in place. Aching pain shot through his legs and he cringed, desperately trying to pry the nails off.

Kakeru walked up to Dame Tsuna and the black fabric around his neck untied automatically. Alarmed, 27 jumped away, to meet with a fist at the side of his head moments before he landed and jumped away again. "Close shave, eh, 27? But too bad." Kakeru dusted his hands and he admired the newly formed crack on 27's mask. The crack ran down the middle of the mask.

27 pressed one half of the mask on his face as the other chipped off, falling to the floor like broken marble. Barely hiding his face, he seemed to forget everything else to focus on the monster. Kakeru picked out a knife this time.

He disappeared and appeared at the corner of 27's eye, a sudden nail staked on his foot made it impossible for 27 to avoid the next slash, which shredded his jacket. His head was exposed. There wasn't even time to curse. He knew it was time to get serious. By the next slash, he'd torn out the stake and dodged it swiftly.

"Finally getting serious?" Kakeru's voice whispered in his ear. 27 looked up, his mask half-left on his face as he stabled himself on the ground. Then he realized they weren't the only ones there.

"Tsu...na...?"

They all turned to the one who said that, Iemitsu.