Awaken

"This doesn't make sense...why did the ring reject Bakakeru?" even Dino and Reborn were stunned. "He had Vongola Blood, he had Sky Flames. There was nothing that could've made the ring reject him!" Iemitsu exclaimed.

"Reborn, could it be his personality?" Dino asked.

"What does that mean?" Iemitsu asked. They ignored him.

Reborn shook his head. "The ring doesn't judge on that. If the ring cared, Vongola wouldn't have been corrupted by Secondo. So it's definitely not about his personality."

"Then what could've-?" Basil was interrupted.

"Reborn is correct. It not Damekeru's personality that caused the ring to reject him." They snapped their heads back to see Sora. He was holding 27's hoodie and mask. "It was decided from the start. Damekeru would never have been the Vongola Decimo."

"Explain." Reborn demanded.

Sora smirked. "That's not something you should be asking me. I'm a complete outsider." he said. "Why don't you ask him instead?" he pointed at the screen. "The road's open, right?"

-----

They immediately ran to the school grounds. Sora placed the fabric and mask on the ground and followed after.

Kakeru ripped off the ring and tried catching his breath. He cursed out loud.

"Give it up, Damekeru. The ring rejected you. It doesn't accept you as the Vongola Decimo. You're already out of the game." Sora appeared and picked up the ring.

"Shut up, you bastard! What do you know about me?!" Kakeru yelled. Sora wasn't fazed in the least.

"Everything. Everything that was recorded. Everything that was in the Estraneo base." he replied. "I know more about you than you know about yourself."

Dino, Reborn, Basil and Iemitsu's, and Kakeru's eyes widened at one word. Estraneo.

Why would Kakeru's information be recorded in the Estraneo database?

-----

"Sawada Kakeru will never be the Vongola Decimo." Sora said. "It was decided from the start." he continued. "Wasn't the reason obvious?"

Iemitsu stared at him. Reborn and Collonello seemed to have realized. "But that's impossible!"

Sora sighed. "What is?" he asked, "The ring didn't reject him because of his temper. He didn't reject him because he didn't have Sky Flames. What else?" Iemitsu's eyes widened in realization. Dino, who had suspicions from what Tsuna had told him, didn't say anything.

Then, someone step down beside Kakeru. It was a male in a mask. Sora looked over. "You're late, 27." 27 bent down and picked up the ring, but his hand was grabbed by another. He looked to the side and saw it was Kakeru.

"Damn you. That's mine." Kakeru growled.

"The ring has rejected you." 27 said.

"The ring belongs to Sawada Kakeru, and Sawada Kakeru only!" he declared.

27 didn't show any change in expression. "You...were never Sawada Kakeru."

"What...?" Kakeru was shocked. What was he saying? What was he implying?

"The male known as Sawada Kakeru never existed." 27 firmly said, not a hint of bullshit in his eyes.

"The hell does that mean!" Kakeru demanded. If he could move, he'd have grabbed the fucking emofaggot's collar already.

"You are not Sawada Kakeru." 27 said once more.

"I don't freaking understand!" Kakeru yelled.

Sora cut in. "Sawada Kakeru, you are not human."

27 eyed the clock. It was exactly 1am. Then he felt an extreme killing intent. He realized it was from Kakeru.

Kakeru's arm seemed to transform into that of a beast's. Slowly growing larger and furrier, slowly stripes appeared on his face, His hair grew longer and messier. He got up and two eagle wings spread out from his back, something like a giant crocodile tail dragged against the ground behind him.

"A chimera..." 27 mumbled. "How unoriginal..."

Sora walked beside Iemitsu and co. "Sawada Kakeru was never a member of the Sawadas. Iemitsu, sorry to break it to ya, but Mist Flames can do anything." he said. "Even Nana didn't know about this, but Kakeru was the same as Cielo and Rokudou Mukuro."

They snapped their heads over. "A bloody succesful experimental guinea pig of the Estraneo." Sora smiled evilly. Sora then sighed. "Mukuro and Cielo's powers were standard and weren't identified before they were all killed, but Kakeru's was identified, not completely. It was too strong. The chimera caused an earthquake worldwide."

Sora put on his cape and took out his mask. "So they sealed it up." He put on his mask.

"And now it's awakened."