Chapter Six

"N-No, thank you but, I've spent enough time here." If only Laura could just reach the door without seeing their pleading, gentle faces...

"Ma'am, please, can't we interest you in another mint leaf bath? Or a refreshing pedicure using herbal polish?" She nearly tripped over her own feet as one of the nice, tan women stood in her way, pleading in a soft voice. She tried to avoid the shimmering, wet eyes of the woman by looking back over her shoulder at the huge, expensive room. There were four large, wooden tubs built into the floor bubbling and steaming with an almost faint, mint-green water and lining all the walls, except for the area around the door, were full length mirrors that miraculously didn't fog up. A few tables lined the back wall with nail products and hair products covering almost all of their surfaces...

"I..I need to check on my sister.. That sounds lovely, but I've already had two baths and a manicure.." Oh, how she hated to say no to anyone, but she was really getting worried about her sister, now. She hoped Kat was alright, and not searching for her. There would be no way to find the spa in the Hotel without the help of the employees, and if she knew her sister, she knew Kat would tear this place apart and retaliate to come up with a plan just to find her.

 She didn't want Kat to go to extremities, so she was trying to politely refuse these nice women. The one blocking the door had short, black hair and dark brown eyes that were watering.  "But, ma'am, I forgot to give you the wax treatment on the nails! Please, my job.."

She couldn't help but stop at the girl's pleading words. "I..I...It's okay, you wont lose your job. I'll let you do the pedicure, but I really cant spare any more time after that..." She felt torn, because she wanted to help this dedicated worker, but she wanted to find her sister and tell her that she was okay. Slowly, reluctantly, she let the woman take her hands and pull her towards the table where all the equipment is across the room.

. . . .

 When she finally gets past the overly-nice women and out the sleekly polished door, she instantly heads for the elevator and goes to Kat's door. No answer. Okay, so Kat didn't go back to her room after the club... Where was she? Searching for her?

 Laura twirled a piece of her hair while worrying about what to do. Should she go to the front desk and demand they make an emergency call over the casino? Or should she just wait in her room?

...Well, if Kat was looking for her, Kat would start and retrace back in the club. As much as she hated to admit it, she is going to have to go back there...

. . . .

 Apparently the club didn't have regular hours, because it was still going crazy when Laura walked back in. Instantly, she turns to the table where Kat was sitting when she left earlier, but it's empty. "Kat?" It's a shot in the dark, but she turns to the hyperactive dance floor in hopes of seeing her dark haired sister, but it's to no avail. 

  Wait a minute, maybe Lucas can help-He's the manager or something, right? She runs to the leather door at the back of the club, heavily ignoring the dancers, and knocks. "Lucas! Lucas, it's me, Laura!"

The door flies open to show a sweating, pained Lucas who is leant against the doorframe and staring at her. "Are you alright?" She can't help but ask, seeing the way he can barely hold himself up. "Don't..Don't worry about me. Come inside, I don't want any other guys getting the fresh idea to try and hook you." He tried for a smile, but it wavered and left his face. Laura slowly walked inside the room, shutting the door for him, and critically analyzed his manner. "You're sick. Here, let me help." Before he could argue, she already had one of her arms wrapped around his waist and was towing him to the bed. She let go when he was comfortably laying on top of the covers with three or four pillows behind his head. "Thank you.."

Laura's face lit up with a smile, and she shook her head shyly. "Don't mention it, Lucas. You helped me, and I helped you. Would you mind if I sat here?" Her index finger pointed to the empty side of the bed-vacant of any pillows- and he barely nodded. She walked around and sat with her back to the headboard before clearing her throat. "I'm guessing you haven't seen my sister around here?"

"No, is she missing?" A bit of panic entered his voice, and Laura placed a hand on his chest to prevent him from getting up. "N-No, I don't think so. I think she's off trying to find me. You see, the employees of the Hotel dragged me to the spa for a few hours, and I didn't get a chance to tell Kat where I was..."

Understanding dawned on his face, and a relaxed sigh escaped his lips. "I'm sure Kat is fine, then. She'll probably be back here after a while. You worry a lot, you know that?"

A light laugh from her mouth causes her to chuckle. "And you seem to work a lot, you know that? Lucas, I cant help worrying- It's.. It is me. I cant stop worrying and saying 'no'- a flat out, unsympathetic no, to someone is nearly impossible for me. Kat always says I'm her gentle side, and she's my backbone.." When mentioning her sister,  a warm smile protrudes onto her face and she notices that Lucas has been staring at her.

"Laura, when was the last time someone called you beautiful?"

Rosy red blotches of blush crept onto her cheeks, and bashfully, she broke eye contact. "B-Before Neil proposed, he called me beautiful."

"Well, he certainly wasn't lying- and I mean that, Laura. You are meekly beautiful and he should die from the plagues for not telling you often enough." Lucas' face seemed to scowl, but his eyes were wide and on hers still.

"Thank you, Lucas. I'm surprised you aren't married yet, you know. First time we met you were saving me from a jerk on the dance floor. A lot of women go for the Prince Charming type, you know.."

He grins, "Does that mean I'm gorgeously attractive like Prince Charming, too?"

"Y-Yes..?" She doesn't want to admit it, strangely because she would feel like she was cheating on Neil, but he is attractive-especially to her. Lucas chuckles, and she starts to smile before Lucas stares at something behind her and springs up out of the bed. He stumbles, but he catches himself. "Sorry, Laura, but I have somewhere to be at this moment. You're welcome to stay in here until your sister gets back.. I'm sorry, but bye!" Before she can even respond, he's already jogging out of the room and through the club.

Slowly, she peeks through the doorway, and pulls the door shut behind her as she stands by the edge of the bar, staring at the empty table.

Okay, Kat is definitely off trying to find her, so she should just stay put and let Kat's instincts draw her to the club, again. Laura twiddles her thumbs, until a new song comes on over the loud speakers and she stops. It's one of her favorites, and its starting indian beats begin.

...How long could it possibly be before her sister comes kicking the door in? She might as well enjoy herself a bit..