Chapter Two

Laura, if she were being true to herself, was a bit skittish and weary about this trip. If it were up to her, she wouldn't be getting married in a casino that was located in the middle of a desert, and she would only have her sister as the bridesmaid and bridesmaid of Honor, but it wasn't all up to her. Was it? She took way too much time thinking about the fairness of the wedding details, making sure Neil got to get his say-so in everything- Wasn't that how it was supposed to be? Sacrifice for each other?

Two large knocks causes her to jump from her thoughtful position on the sofa in her room, and get up to answer the door. Stephanie and Lisa, in their tight sequin dresses , one a blonde and the other a fake redhead, were two of her bridesmaids, that were now standing there staring at her as if she was a lunatic. At least, she thought that was their names..

 "You aren't ready yet? Did you forget your own bachelorette party? What was Neil thinking when he proposed to you?" Stephanie asked, staring long and hard in scrutiny at Laura who stood in comfortable sweats and a huge t-shirt. She blushed embarrassed, when Lisa spoke up in a high pitched voice, "To be honest, I don't think he was thinking, Steph." The two of them shared a glance and smile before turning to her as if she was plain stupid. "Well? Go get dressed!"

 "Sorry, I suppose I forgot. I'll be out in a moment." She hurried the words out of her mouth, almost stuttering, and shut the door in their faces. Looking around the room frantically, she wondered exactly what Neil had been thinking when he proposed. After all, she wasn't any special girl with crystal blue eyes or shining, auburn hair. She had timid, faded green eyes, and loose curly blonde hair while being a six foot four kind of girl... "I've got to get dressed..." She mutters to herself, wondering what she should wear to a club. Knowing the two girls outside her door were impatient, she grabbed a black camisole and black pants and pulled them on before grabbing a see through, knit-black sweater top and pulling that over her head. Her grey heels were pulled on by herself, and she brushed through her hair before reopening the door.

"You're going to go in that? Don't expect any attention." Lisa sneered, and Laura just kept her head down. "You two look spotless and gorgeous and I didn't want to take any limelight...Where's Kat?"

They looked to each other and she sighed. "You two go on ahead, I'll be there shortly." They didn't even spare her another glance; With a laugh, they took off down the hallway to the elevator.

Katherine had already expressed how much she hated this trip, but Laura wanted everyone satisfied- especially her sister- so, she began to walk to her sister's room. With a gentle knock, she timidly waited outside Kat's door.

The door opened to reveal her sister in sweats and a t shirt with a book in her hand. She took one look at Laura's outfit and raised an eyebrow. "The others wanted me to go to the club for my bachelorette party. Would you please come?" Laura hated to bother her sister's peaceful reading time, but she was so nervous. This will be the first time she has ever stepped inside a club, and Steph and Lisa weren't the ideal people for wingmen-If you get her meaning.. Laura's face seemed to frown until she saw her sister's face soften. "Fine, but I swear, if those girls hurt your feelings one more tim-"

"Thank you." She was so happy to know that her sister would be there with her, that she had to interrupt. Kat rolled her eyes with a smile and turned around to go get dressed. Laura waited outside, patiently, until Kat came outside the room with her room key and books in hand and a new, comfortably 'Kat' outfit on.

"Let's not keep those selfish bridesmaids waiting, right, Laura?" Kat asked, her voice simply uncaringly monotone. She couldn't help but smile at her sister, as they began to walk towards the elevator. "Right, Kat." She answers, softly.

. . . .

 When the two sisters walked through the floor door hidden inside the bar of the casino, the club was pulsing with a loud, synthetic bass drum for the beat and a female voice started to sing. Black lights and ruby red lights flashed every now and then, and she could barely make out Stephanie and Lisa dancing in between some gorgeous looking men who had no shirts on.