fifteen

busy busy busy ! -gigiii

* * *

nubivagant (adjetive) - moving among clouds

I crossed my arms over my chest, trying to look bigger than I really was. But reality was, even in these heels, I was tiny compared to Harry's sexily muscular yet lean frame.

No other guy had ever walked me to my apartment just to see that I'm safe. No guy had even opened a car door for me.

Harry was being genuine, and I could tell that he sincerely wanted to see me departure safely.

"Fine." I stepped around him. "Come on."

I could see a stupid smile break out across his face, even in the darkness of night.

I unlocked the apartment building with my keycard and began to walk inside. I tried to walk faster than Harry, but his lengthy legs easily helped him keep up with my speedy strides.

Harry walked alongside me down the shiny halls of my apartment building, giving me a sense of protection.

He looked down at me. "Did you have fun tonight?"

"That is a loaded question." I picked at my fingernails. 

Harry softly drummed his fingertips against his adorably puckered lips. "How so?"

I pressed the 'up' button on the elevator before turning to Harry. "The car ride there and walking with you guys to the kitchen was fun. Meeting your friends was fun."

"Okay, and?" Harry let me step into the elevator before sliding in himself.

I waited until the elevator fully shut to unleash my anger on Harry. I softened my lips and stepped towards Harry, trying to match his dominant stance.

"You left me for two hours. You said you'd be right back and you never came back, I had to go searching for you. Niall was great entertainment and all but I only came to this party because of you, Harry. You said that you wanted to party with me, but you never even paid attention to me for the whole fucking night. And don't even get me started on your friend Celia-"

Harry's face was hard but his sparkling eyes were soft. "I didn't mean to upset you."

"It wasn't cool." I looked down at my feet.

Harry reached over and gently tapped my shoulder like a child. I kept my eyes downcast, refusing to look up at him.

"Hi, Addison."

"Hi, Harry."

"Addison, look at me." Harry folded his arms behind his back and leaned his body further towards mine.

"Harry..." Despite my whiny tone, I slowly looked up at him with angry eyes.

He locked his beautifully green eyes with mine, his gaze too strong for me to look away. Harry's eyes were like a trance and I was a sorry victim to his overplayed spell.

"I was trying to leave the living room to get you, I was. But so many fucking people started flooding in and they wouldn't let any of us leave. After a while I just lost track of time, I got comfortable, and I just completely forgot. I know it's not really an excuse, but still..." Harry kept total eye contact with me as he talked.

I could tell that he was talking directly to me. He wasn't talking at me, he was talking to me.

I silently stepped out of the elevator, Harry following closely behind. We said nothing as we walked down the hallway, words too harmful to the already touchy situation.