~A New Beginning(?)~

The seven senior members of the Justice League, the "Original Seven", were discussing in the Watchtower meeting room the situation at hand. It'd been a couple of days since the battle with Darkseid. They didn't have time to meet altogether because of their numerous occupations with the rest of the Justice League or their own issues that were haunting them more than before.
It was definitely the most awkward meeting they ever had. No one dared to look at each other for different reasons. Green Lantern and Hawkgirl avoided eye contact...

They were here. Fighting for their lifes. Shayera knew she was about to die. A Parademon had hit her in her wind. She couldn't fly. She just fought with her mace while war cries were escaping her lips all the time just to intimidate those monsters around her. John was fighting beside her. He alaways kept an eye on her even though her sight hurt him deep. It was too much for him to watch her so helpless fighting for her dear life while he was fighting for his. He wanted to save her. To protect her. To hold her close and never let her go. But he knew that it was too late now. They were about to die. He would make himself sure they die together.
When the Parademons left, Shayera fainted. She was exhausted, beaten up and covered with blood and bruises all over her body. He was here to catch her in his strong arms before she hit the ground.
Shayera groaned. Yet, she came closer to him and whispered to his ear.
-John, I don't know if I'll have the chance again. I want to tell you something.
She was speaking so weakly. He could barely hear her.
-What is it?
Absentmindly, his eyes fell with tears. He couldn't bear the thought of her dying. Not before he...
-I love you. I never stopped to love you not even when I saw you with Mari. I always had and I alawys will. I just wanted you to know that, she evenly confessed and lost consciousness.
John took her in his embrace and they flew together till Metro Tower. There Shayera got to the Infirmary and John had his injuries attended. Shayera woke up next morning. John was sitting in the chair next to her bed. When she opened her eyes he had already left. For a while, she thought it was a hallucination of her brain, but when she saw his change of attitude towards her she understood that everything was true...

That awkward situation went on for three days and today nothing seemed to have changed.

-And as for the next time we meet in this room...
They heard Superman saying and they got their hopes up in light of the meeting was finally coming to an end. Seriously, the last son of Krypton with the Xray vision and the superhearing could not feel that strange tension filling the air?
-I want two of you to make the monitor duty list for the next three months, Superman finished.
The only ones who raised their hands were Batman and Wonder Woman; each one for different reasons. Batman didn't trust anyone else for this job while Diana was just bored and wanted to occupy herself with something.
-Okay, then, Bruce and Diana I rely on you and I hope you have the program ready soon, Superman said.
Both Batman and Diana remained silent.
-Alright, the meeting is adjourned, Superman concluded.
Everyone left the Conference Room except Batman and Wonder Woman who left behind to start fixing the schedule.
-So, where do we start? Diana asked with a small smile.
Batman frowned.
-From the start, Princess, he answered coldly.
Diana's smile widened as she walked into her seat to bring her tablet where they would start. She loved it when he called her like that.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Okay, here we are.
Guys and gals, I'm terribly sorry for not updating as quickly as you want me to.
But summer is here, my exams are almost over and hopefully I will update sooner.

Sorry for the short chapter, the next one will be way bigger.

All the love,
-Antigone-

Photo:Just a reminder of who is Gal Gadot...