8. Celebrations and Bloodhounds

Mulai dari awal

"You will sit in this chair and not move a single muscle until I tell you otherwise, understood?" I order impatiently, ready to step back just as soon as he appears to be thoroughly dealt with.

But, as a surprisingly unexpected move from dear ole' Jim here- rather then simply nodding along like the mindless little slave he should be, he somehow manages to completely ignore my hypnotic effects and instead, just looks right up at me with an audaciously eerie smile.

"Sorry, cow, but that mind control hoodoo doesn't work on me." Is all he says, before cocking his head to the side and debuting a false look of dismay, "Aw, shucks, Mrs. Vampy! I guess that means you're not as all-powerful as you thought you were." he sneers in an annoyingly childlike tone, as there's no doubt he just threw me for a loop.

Well, it looks like little Jimmy here is just full of surprises...

"What in your God's name?" I question, giving in to his superiority complex for just a moment as I find myself purely baffled by the never-before-seen, completely useless outcome of domineering, "What are you, if not so easily persuaded as all mortals are?" I accuse with narrowed eyes and a pinched brow.

Feeling both confused and angered by the sheer nerve of such a puny bug, there's also no denying how equally vexed I am by the curiosity of it all.

How could a mere human evade the effects of my domineering? It shouldn't even be possible!..

"So, I guess that means you haven't figured it out yet, huh?" he scoffs wittingly, undoubtedly thinking he's clever, especially in the wake of my reluctant shock.

"Well, dämn. That's kind of surprising, considering how great you think you are..." He smirks and then suddenly looks off in what appears to be boredom.

"Oh, enough with your verbal stonewall." I growl, feeling my permanently chilled skin start to heat with agitation, "Tell me how you were just able to do that, right now, or so help me the next thing to come out of your mouth will be your tongue!" I roar, before then swiftly launching a hand up towards his face and latching it onto the chair beside him, just a hair's length away from his head.

Although, despite my admittedly honorable efforts of trying to relieve some anger through carving my nails into the aged wood of the seat, rather than his skull, I can still feel the vivid fire just behind my eyes begging for release.

"Alright, alright, I'll talk- Geez! No need to get hostile so soon, doll..." he admits after ever so subtly creeping his eyes to and from my scarily-close hand.

So, after pausing for dramatic effect, he finally leans forward and puts his lips next to my ear, only to then whisper, "I'm a warlock."

Before I can stop myself, I find that the hand that was once clamped firmly onto the chair beside his head, is now what's pushing the worthless swine away from me, via a firm grip on his face. But, finding myself unable to stop at just a cautionary shove, the next thing I know, I've shot the first two fingers of that same hand into the depth of his left shoulder. And then, without even skipping a beat, I force him back further into the chair by twisting my fingers within his torn flesh.

Responding beautifully to the pain of my guiding hand, he begins to sing the song of my people as short, hoarse groans, and other inaudible sounds of discomfort start to fall from his lips. But, despite it all, his cooperation is still a little less than satisfactory, so I simply twist and bend a little further within his shoulder until he finally gives in and falls back against the chair in submission.

Standing tall with authority all the while, I offer only a few words of warning as I take in the unmistakable look of grievance upon his face, "Waste my time again, bug, and you'll see first hand what pissing me off really looks like... Got it?" I snarl in a low, attention grabbing tone.