1. To Clarify

The world, and society as a whole, have come a long way since 1391; the year of my transition into power, in a matter of saying.

To say that a lot has changed would be quite the understatement.

For One; Vampires are no longer thought of as only myths and legends, as Zain had so cleverly put it on the night he came to collect me as his eternal mate. In fact, we are now very well known, and even sought after by a small, yet always surprising percentage of dimwitted youth; romanticizing the thought that some of us are in any way docile and/or empathetic toward their pitiful emotions regarding love and passion.

How ridiculous can humans get, I mean, really?

We are no where near what is described in the cheesy Vampire 'chick flicks' of the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries. We would much sooner rip your throat out for what flows through your veins, than sit and stare creepily at you, fantasizing about being the one to take your innocence.

Which in the real world, to a real Vampire, 'innocence' is simply lackluster, and a dime a dozen with each new generation to be popped out; kind of like mass production of the same supposed delicacy.

Point Number Two; We do not hiss when threatened like common beasts, nor do we sparkle when in direct contact with the sun. As a matter of fact, to even think that we all powerful and ever-living creatures would really be so susceptible to the sun that we would actually dazzle in its presence is purely idiotic at best.

Honestly... I don't know where such hair-brained ideas like these even come from, but they certainly never should've made it to paper, that's for sure...

Although, regrettably, the humans have come quite close to realizing one of our methods in their attempts at televised amusement - which, of course, just so happens to be one of our best kept secrets - on a locally broadcasted show meant to portray us as petty, sex-crazed teenagers, dealing with unnecessary amounts of drama, and battling one another for power.

Apparently, one of our own kind must've let something slip...

But, instead of bewitched jewelry, as portrayed on said show, (which can be all too easily lost, broken, or stolen when worn out during daytime, and more importantly, used as a means of convenient torture) we use the method of body art instead. You see, with tattoos, being so widespread and thought of as 'common fashion statements' amongst the human populi, it hides our true intent quite nicely.

You see, the special ink we use is chocked full of certain herbs and spices, so to speak, that interact with the unique compositions of our bodies. But as a precaution, we Vamps often tend to get more than one, as to assure the true immunity art remains hidden amongst a field of similarly camouflaging ink, that way it's less likely to be discovered and used against us.

I myself have only have a couple; the full lunar cycle documented down along my spine, for one, and then a few others in a little less than proper areas to mention outright.

But, moving on...

Point Number Three; Unlike what's been described in the traditional spooky stories told around the campfire for the kiddies, and the superstitious wives tales for the rest, we Vamps aren't just made up of dead-weight organs and enlightened minds. Oh, no; We are much, much more than meets the eye.

So, we Vampires, while thought only to be in possession of enhanced senses, such as sight, hearing, touch, etc. etc. only continue to feed into those ignorance-based notions as a way of hiding what power we really harbor.