Chapter 32: Act Of Love

Kale's POV

"What the fuck is he doing?" My brother furiously growled beside me. His wolf was threatening to be released. We had been secretly watching Ariel and this person, Theodore. "Quiet." I narrow my eyes to my brother, flashing my fangs at him. We were just watching and listening, no need to get the attention from the entire pack. I understood that my mate cared for this Theodore person because he saved her life, but Ariel was too trusting. I won't say I didn't feel any emotion to the way our mate looked at this guy because I did. We stalked their every move together. Ariel smiled and step closer to the fellow like she'd already known him all of her life.

Kingsley suddenly roared. His eyes had turned black and his veins were pulsing from his arms. We had seen Theodore wrap his arms around Ariel and hugging her for a few seconds. That was enough to knock Kingsley's screws loose. He left my side in an instant and I followed after him but obviously not fast enough because Theodore was already on the ground howling from Kingsley's punch.

"Don't you ever let me see your hands on my mate again!" Kingsley kneeled over Theodore's body.
"Kingsley! what did you do!" Ariel ran to her new friend's side instantly. I momentarily frowned at my mate. I missed her and I wished she ran to my side instead of running to Theodore's. Many pack members who were outside of the dinning hall glanced over here but continued with their own business. We have already instilled our pack members on what to do in instances like this. If they see the alpha or me involved, it is not your business to stick your nose in. Our pack members knew better then to stop and stare.

As Theodore regained his composure, he spit blood onto the ground and stood to his feet. I couldn't help my fists balling up at my sides and my teeth baring themselves while watching Ariel dust him off. But I composed myself. It was obvious that she really cared for him. Kingsley took hold of Theodore by the collar of his shirt and this, I was okay with.
"You are not to be anywhere near her she is MINE." Kingsley venomously declared. His body was shaking with anger and I could hear my brother's thoughts. He wanted to kill him.

"I mean no disrespect to you Alpha Kingsley or you, Kale by hugging Ariel. During her time at Sarge's facility I developed a caring friendship with your mate. All I ever wanted was her safety, and for her to get back to her mates. That is all." Theodore informs us in a calm manner. I took this time to approach my brother. I looked into the eyes of Theodore. I was relieved and unsettled by looking at him. He meant every word he said about our mate and that was good for his sake. I was unsettled because the overprotectiveness my mate offered the fellow was something Kingsley nor I would ever be able to accept.

"Let him go Kingsley." I told him. "Now Kingsley!" It was Ariel who yelled at him. She was so angry at him I was almost expecting her to give him the silent treatment for doing this. Kingsley instantly let go of Theodore's shirt. Theodore slightly nodded his head and kept his eyes on Kingsley and I. "I've heard nothing but great things about the great Alpha Kingsley and Kale the vampire. I am honored to even be here in this pack." I glance at Kingsley who's giving Theodore his bullshit look. My brother had no idea that Theodore was actually being genuine. He respected us, and he wanted to help protect Ariel. "Thank you for letting me stay the night here and thank you for your doctor who helped speed my healing process from the bomb. I will say again, i meant no disrespect by hugging your mate. She's the only one here who knew my brother, she was the last person with me before he died. Forgive me for getting a little too carried away." The look in his eyes begged more then his words did.

"Don't apologize for hugging me Theo, I'm aloud to hug people I care about." Ariel scolded him while standing beside him. "It's a respect thing." Theodore told her. "Your mates don't want another's paws on you and I wouldn't like that either if I had a mate."