Chapter 17: Time To Move on

Laughing with Taylor and Grace felt like I've been missing out on something all my life. Well of course i Have. I've never had a friendship like this before and I wouldn't ever sabotage or push them away ever again. They are my support and definitely in my heart. This made me wonder about my online friend Natalie from back home, I wonder how she was doing and if she was even real. I met her on a anonymous website called teen chat where girls and guys can go to make friends from all parts of the world. But like I said she could be an imposter. I made note to sign into my account one of these days to talk to her.

Grace and Collin were finally official. Grace told me everything they've been up to these past few weeks so far besides calling my phone everyday and I was slightly disgusted that i waisted all my time being sad about Kale and Kingsley and missing out on my friends lives.

Grace told me that Collin took her out on a official date last week on the last day of school. They went skating. She said she fell, but her embarrassment from the moment disappeared when he picked her up and kissed her. Right there at the rink.

It was romantically perfect, the story sounded like something out of a movie to me.

Taylor was driving, Grace was in the backseat and I was in the front seat with my black glasses on while we made our way to go see Ashton's parents.

Of course there wasn't a minute that Kale and Kingsley didn't cross my mind. No matter how hard Taylor and grace made me laugh, or how many scary movies we watched all night, my thoughts still found there way back to them and I know it always would, they are my mates.

I had so many questions like why?
'Why' was front and center. Why do this to me? Why leave me like this?

I felt used you know? I feel like they used me. They relieved to me their true self, we had sex, we expressed how we felt about each other yet I was the lonely one in the end. Instead of me calling them bastards and shitheads I tried to actually look at the situation from their prospective. I tried and I still couldn't find any good reasoning to all this.

Kingsley left like he was obligated to. He wasn't even 100% sure that Tracey's baby was his, he just went by her word and left without me. Kale still made me wonder the most though. He had done nothing wrong but still disappeared. Thinking back on it I think I did love him more then Kingsley.

Kale wasn't complicated or blocked off with disruptive emotions. He said he loved me and he showed it. Even if it was lies he did a great job faking it.

What hurt worst is that he didn't even say goodbye to me.

He just left, disappeared. Who does that to a person they love? Certainly there was no love.

"Are you okay?"
I looked over to see Taylor staring at me with worried eyes. We were at a red light.

No I'm dying inside. I want to scream at the top my lungs and punch things.

"Yeah." I assured her with a small smile and then turned my head staring out of the window at the bright sunny sky. "Just thinking."

Taylor chuckled. "Well don't think to much, overthinking kills the brain cells."

I wiggled my eye brows and chuckled at her. See this is why I need her.

As we approached closer to the city I realized one of the hardest lessons in life is letting go.

Rather it be guilt, shame, heartbreak, love, loss or betrayal, change is never easy. We fight to hold on and we fight to let it go.

When we arrived at the restaurant it was about 6:00pm. As Taylor, Grace and I exited the car we gave each other a once over making sure our clothes weren't out of place or anyone's mascara wasn't smudged. I was wearing a black fitted dress with diamond encrusted sandals. My long hair was parted down the middle and lay straightened down my back. I was wearing black glasses to finish my outfit. Grace wore a burgundy skirt with a black cropped shirt that matched with it. Her hair was in a bun. Taylor wore an orange dress similar to mine, her hair was in a sleek low pony tail.