1

Cassie's Pov
I was working. I had been working in my current job for a few months now. To be honest I don't really like my new home or job. I don't belong there. I'm used to that I don't belong anywhere.

I have got friends in this town. If you could actually call them friends I have Alexis at work and there's Kasey who is her final year at collage. I like Kasey more than Alexis. Kasey was just more fun. Alexis was quiet and hardly ever made a joke. The few times she had you couldn't even tell they were jokes. They weren't funny either.

My eyes flickered from my work and I wince when I see some photos on my desk. I feel a tear roll down my face. One was of Mum and the other was of my sister. My sister who wasn't allowed to live with me.

"You alright Cassie" a girl at my work said

"Yes" I say

I realise then that I'm crying. I can't believe what I'm doing. I'm not the crying type. I'm used to being in control. I have always had to be in control.

"I'm fine" I said

"Your crying" she tells me

Jess Palmer the girl who is asking me Jess is the kind of person is kind who will press to find out what's wrong. She is nice I suppose.

"Our be fine in a minuet" I told her.

"Do you want to go out later" she asks me sweetly

I'm not really thinking when I speak.

"Oh um sure" I mutter

"Call our tell the others" she told me

"What's others" I asked her already thinking about the way to say that I'm busy.

"Oh you know the twins Megen Beth, Paige and I was going to ask Alexis" she told me

I didn't really want to go out. I wanted to go back to my small apartment. I didn't want to my awkward talk with the people at work. I almost never went out with anyone after work. I would go out with Alexis after work sometimes but that was pretty much it. I don't like Megan but Paige is alright and I don't like Beth. I don't like the twins much. I didn't think Alexis would come. She never went out with anyone from work except me.

I was quiet. I was still trying to get over what happened. When it was time for me and the people who worked with me to go off to lunch break they would split into groups and run off. I would go to lunch with Alexis or I would go alone.

I would mostly go alone. I would read or sometimes I would go out to take photos. I have always loved to take photos since I was a little kid I took photos.

Jess has only just gone when it's time for everyone to leave to lunch.

"Shall we get lunch" Alexis muttered to me

Alexis is the closet I have to a friend at work. I'm used to her and she's used to me. Alexis is quiet. We don't act like best friends. We never giggle mess around. We our like two people together because it is easier than being alone.

"Sure" I said

"Alexis, Cassie" a girl shouts.

The two of us turn and see Jess waving at us.

"Have lunch with us" she said cheerfully

"Sure" I said regretting it as soon as the words leave my lips.

"You two our both coming out tonight" she said smiling

"Yes me and Alexis both our" I said

Alexi glared at me. She doesn't like spending time with anyone at work except me. I know she's going to say something to get out of it