I looked forward to our practice with Mr. Richardson mainly because it was the only time I get to spend with Liz.

The bell rang and the classes are over. I rushed myself to the music room where Mr. Richardson is waiting.

“Good afternoon, Mr. Richardson.” I greeted as I enter the room.

He was arranging the instruments when I got there. “Hey Vince. Where’s Liz?”

“She’s on her way, I guess. Here, let me help you.”

After a few minutes of arranging and cleaning the instruments, the door opened. Mr. Richardson and I turned to see who it was. And in my surprise, it’s Liz…with Justin.

They were laughing as they enter the room.

“Stop it Justin! It tickles me!” Liz said.

“What? I can’t hear you?” he replied tickling her harder.

I cleared my throat.

“Has the world turned upside down?” Mr. Richardson asked. “The last time you guys were here, Liz was with Vince and Justine is here waiting with me. Now, it’s the other way around. What’s going on?”

Liz was about to answer but I cut her off.

“Let’s just start the practice.” I said.

During the practice, I can’t remember how many times I was being scolded by Mr. Richardson. He keeps on telling me that “I am not like this when singing”. He’s right, and that’s because I am distracted. I cannot concentrate with the practice knowing for the fact that Liz is with me yet I don’t feel her.

Another thing that distracts me is the possibility that the two of them got back together again. Sigh. If that happens, she will be totally out of my life.

Mr. Richardson called for a break.

“Vince, come here. I need to talk to you.” He said. “What’s going on? The Vince I see now is not the Vince I used to know. This is music Vince, music. And I know how much you love it. So could you please tell me why you are so gloomy and lifeless?”

“I’m just – just tired.” I lied.

“Tired? Or maybe jealous?”

My eyes widened when I heard that. “What?”

“Look Vince, I know this is about her. And just so you know, there is nothing to be jealous about. She is your fiancée, okay?” he said, trying to encourage me.

Fiancée huh? “Sorry Mr. Richardson, but you don’t understand.”

“What do you mean?”

I was about to tell him that there is really nothing between me and Liz when I heard Liz screaming.

I turned around and saw her on the floor. “Liz!”

I was about to get her and ask her if she’s okay but…Justin’s already there so I stayed on my place.

“Are you alright?” he asked.

“Yeah, I just tripped. Don’t worry.” Liz answered.

“I’ll take you to the hospital.” suggested Justin.

“I’m fine. Just take me home.” she answered, still feeling the pain in her ankle.

He carried her in his arms and walked towards us.

“Mr. Richardson,” said Justin. “Can Liz go home now? She’s hurt.”

Mr. Richardson simply nodded and walked away. I just stood there, watching as Justin picks up her things. They were about to leave when I spoke.