4 - The Conference

CALLUM's POV

It was rather odd for me to start my day without being out for blood somewhere or a specific someone. I tried focusing on my work but Allene's face kept on flashing in the back of my mind and Dio, I couldn't concentrate at all.

If I didn't know better, I would contemplate that she's only playing naive on the way she approaches me. However, being in this kind of business for so many years, I could effortlessly read a person's behavior towards me.

Allene's too transparent to read and she actually is genuine with her actions specially her words.

Allene's different from the other women in the industry whom I've met so far. They wouldn't have second thoughts on my meaningless invitation with a thought in mind that I am engrossed in their company, while this woman's silently turning down several of my offers. But being the hard-headed I am, kept on pursuing her.

It was the first time I got turned down, by the way.

Perché lo sto facendo? Why am I so interested in knowing her?

I have never been interested in a woman since my last college years thinking that I've had my fair share and it was highly time to get serious.

The only connection I would provide them is merely an acquaintance yet, I without preamble announced that I consider Allene as my friend.

A friend, huh?

The early afternoon passed with signing of requests and contracts, a lunch meeting with an investor, a meeting in one of my hotels and more signing of requests and contracts. I practically forced myself to get a grip and focus on work. However, Allene's face was hunting me and I kept on day dreaming.

My brain really needs to rest its thoughts about her.

What the hell is even happening to me?

I was all of a sudden out of my reverie when a familiar man barged into my office like a King he thought he was. I mentally grunted upon seeing the bastardo's face.

"Buongiorno, mio amico." he greeted with a smirk and sat comfortably on the chair in front of me.

The man was none other than the sought-after billionaire bachelor, Zeus Gomez. My college best friend and the heir of Rivera-Gomez Industries.

I grinned at him, "Now you're speaking my language. What's with you?"

He shrugged upon answering, "I wanted to pay you a visit. Is it not allowed now, compadre?"

"I don't really need your presence here, amico. Don't you have work to do? Or a woman, perhaps?" I queried and he gave out a snort.

"Everything's under my control. Cut me some slack and let's bond."

"I'm not your girlfriend, Zeus and unlike you, I don't have all the time in the world, I like working hard and having many things to do." I taunted with sarcasm.

He then cracked up on my reply, "I don't do girlfriends, amigo. I'm more of a bed-God. And fuck you 'cause I'm fucking straight just so you know."

"I don't need to know, actually." I dryly commented as I shook my head and he laughed again.