12 - The Savior

CALLUM'S POV

Mad, angry, indignant were all understatements of what I was feeling. Furious, livid, raging would be the more appropriate term for it.

A week. A damn week had already passed and I'm still not over what happened and still feeling like shit that I don't know if I want to hit whoever comes inside my office or vanish completely on the surface of the earth.

Dannazione. When will this stop?

It was then when another man called Allene by her name that she forthwith turned to where the voice came from and let go of her hold in my arm.

"Corrie!" Allene happily exclaimed and to add on my surprise she immediately sauntered towards the man and said, "I missed you, babe!"

One word. Just one word yet, it irritatingly rang in my ears and I felt my head spinning.

Cazzo.

To further add on the irritation that was slowly building up inside me, right in front of my goddamn eyes, she hugged him.

And the man called Corrie, hugged her back, kissed her forehead and uttered, "I missed you too, babe."

My smile then dropped and I had to hide under the impression that I wasn't affected in the slightest by the intimacy they were showing in front of me.

After their mini moment, Allene once again turned to me with a smile but, all I could offer in return to that was a fake one. Who in the right state of mind would be able to smile happily after seeing such things? At the very least, not me.

She held Corrie's hand and pulled him together with her as she went back near me.

"Cal— I mean, Mr. Armani, I would like you to meet my other half, Corrie Adams. He's a nurse at the hospital downtown. And babe, he's Mr. Callum Armani, the company's boss." She politely introduced.

Allene's boyfriend then held out his hand to me and said, "It's nice to meet you, Sir." Yet, his eyes gave me a contemptuous look and I then understood the meaning behind it.

He saw us. He saw how Allene put an arm around me earlier that's why he intentionally showed that kind of affection to drive me away from his girlfriend and let me know his position in Allene's life.

And what irks the most is that, as a boyfriend, he had every right to do so.

"It's nice to meet you, too." Was all I could say.

"What are you doing here? Did you come to see me?" Allene then queried and had the expectant look in her eyes making me almost wish that I was the one she was looking at.

However, her conjecture was immediately cut off when a woman suddenly came and put an arm around Allene's boyfriend and the man then had this fretful look in him that Allene didn't seem to notice. This man...

"Hey, Corrie ba— oh," the woman paused upon seeing Allene. But instead of looking perturbed nor withdrawing her hand away in Corrie's arm, she looked at Allene in a deriding manner making me clenched my jaw. I knew it.