6 - The Trouble

Author's Note:

Hey, guys! It has been quite while since I last updated this story. I was busy with work and somehow got a writer's block. Still, I would love to hear/read your thoughts for this chapter. It would mean a lot. :)

~

Cinderella hours are certainly finished and I was once again back to my reality.

It was another day. In an ideal world, the time that I wake up for this day, I would still be wearing the smile that I had last night. In an ideal world, I would already have the confidence and courage to face my family and just dodge the hurtful words they would throw at me. Because in that ideal world, I have a friend whom I know is sincere and I know would be standing up by my side like what he did last night.

However, I could only wish for that ideal world and I know that I shouldn't ask for it anymore or karma would strike back in my ass ten seconds flat.

Still, I would treasure the memory I had last night. Because it's a high time that I should break-off the friendship he's proposing.

I know how I agreed to his words but, it was just a spur of the moment. I was crying my heart out and he was there. Yet, I could not risk it. Once that Sabrina or worse, my Father finds out my association with the new CEO, it is unthinkable on what they would do.

And before I become deeply attached with him and eventually let my family ruin it in the end, I'd rather just let his offer go. At the very least, I had the chance to know him past his position even if it was just for one night.

My phone suddenly beeped. As I took it, I couldn't help but sigh with the message that was in it,

Coffee? -C

I fetched my bag that was over my side table and got ready to leave. Normally, I would stay and eat together with Sally but, I don't have any appetite and I don't want to catch sight of anyone of the Woods' just for this morning.

I did not respond to any of Callum's messages and just went straight to Bonne matinée Café, where I know he would be having his breakfast.

As I got there, it was not hard to notice him even in the middle of a good crowd for two reasons: his aristocratic face stands out too much and he was wearing another high-price branded suit which perfectly justifies his beyond good looks.

"Good morning, amore mio." Callum greeted with grin as soon as I got near him.

I forced myself to smile back at him and quietly sat to the vacant chair opposite to where he was sitting.

"I hope you don't mind that I already ordered for you." He said again and I could only nod at him in reply while looking at the espresso and almond croissant that was already in front of me.

"I'm guilt-ridden that I couldn't be the one to take you home last night. It was because-" and this time, I cut him off.

"You don't really need to explain to me, sir." I answered and damn it, I sounded rude.

Callum's brows furrowed and confusion was all over his gorgeous face. "Is everything okay, Allene?" he questioned.

My hands started shaking as my lips trembled. God knows how much I don't want to decline his proposal of friendship but, I just can't accept it as well due to the circumstances. That one night with him, he became precious to me for not judging my situation and I learned that I would not be able to bear it when life decides to cut off our friendship.