KicktheAriel pt. 2

As everyone sat on the couches all cuddled up, I sat next to Ariel, a little too awkwardly. I so needed to get this done and over with. I mean, I liked her. I liked her a lot. She was funny, and geeky, and so beautiful. We liked so many of the same things, and I just can't let her go. That first day I met her, I walked into the coffee shop and there she was. Hair draped messily over one of her shoulders, her glasses sitting on the table beside her, and she was drawing. She was so concentrated, and passionate, and beautiful. I felt myself drawn to her, compelled to sit near her, introduce myself, and get to know her. I didn't know that about a week later I'd be sitting in her flat contemplating on how to ask her out.

I sighed and yawned. "It's getting a little late guys. We staying here or heading back?"

The other boys all looked at each other, then at me like I was crazy.

"Here obviously." Dan spoke, nudging Katie. They didn't even have to bother to ask. They just knew we could stay.

I looked around at everyone. They looked so happy together, all lost in each other's eyes. Or faces if you were Katie and Dan. I wish I could have that with Ariel. Looking deep into her eyes, and getting lost in those bright blue skies. Speaking of Ariel, I looked down at her, and she was scrolling lazily on her phone through Facebook. She didn't even seem to notice there was a world happening around her. I loved it. She had a bit of hair that fell in her line of sight, but she made no effort to move it, almost like it wasn't even there. I so desperately wanted to move it, but what if she thought it was weird? Oh fuck it. I don't care. As I raised my hand to move it Becca spoke up jumping me out of my thoughts, and abruptly putting my hand back down.

"I think I'm going to turn in for the night. I'm so tired." She yawned leaning her head against Phil, who was practically glowing with happiness.

"Yeah, me too." Katie stood and stretched, grabbing Dan's hand and lifting him off the couch. "Night everyone!" She called as she walked down the hall. Erin and Becca grabbing their respective partners and following suit.

That means it was left with just me and her.

Oh my gosh, I was freaking out inside. How could my friends do this to me? All go to bed, and leave me on the couch with Pj? I even saw Erin shoot me a wink before heading back to her room. I so desperately want to be with him, but I don't even think he wants to be with me.

"So, the couch fine for you?" I asked. Stupid! Stupid! Why don't I ask him to my room? He hasn't even been in it yet, because every time they spend the night, he stays on the couch.

"Uh, yeah, sure." He shoots me a small smile. Did he seem disappointed?

"Want me to bring you some pillows or anything?" The least I could do, since I was stupid and wouldn't even share my bed.

"No that's alright you go ahead and go to bed. I can tell you are super tired. I'll be fine."

I stood up and stretched like Katie. If only I could grab the man of my dreams and drag him to my room like Katie, too. I sighed heavily. Oh well.

"Night Peej." I said while heading back to my room.

"Night" I heard him faintly respond as I closed the door.

I immediately got into my pajamas and laid on my bed. I was hoping that the moment my head hit the pillow I would fall asleep. Obviously that wasn't the case. I got up and grabbed my DS, I'd just play animal crossing for a bit, maybe make me sleepy and get my mind off Pj.