● Sugawara Koushi : Dying Sparks

You waited patiently at night staring blankly at your phone. It was already past 11pm and soon enough midnight was going to struck soon. Sugawara promised you that he would be home by 8pm but there was no sign of him returning. He didn't answer any calls or replied to any of your messages. This wasn't like him at all. You began to worry yourself out. What if something bad happened to him? Your heart grew anxious and it kept you up the night. You somehow ended up dozing off on the sofa and wasn't awaken until something was placed over you.

"Koushi?" your eyes slowly opened to see Sugawara beside you. His hands stiffened and he awkwardly smiled at you.

"Ah, sorry to wake you up," he apologized. You shook your head and stood up to hug him tightly. Your anxious heart had died down and you felt better. Your eyes met the clock and the smaller hand was pointing to 5. You pulled back and met his brown orbs.

"Why did you come home so late?" you asked. He let out a chuckled, "Daichi-san got crazy with the drinks at his place and I kind of knocked out after. Sorry I didn't reply to your calls or messages, (F/N)."

You shook your head and smiled, "You must be tired, get some sleep."

He stared at you and slowly nodded before heading to the bedroom you both shared. He changed into some comfortable clothes and headed for the bed. While on the other hand you had to get ready for work. You prepared yourself and cooked a small breakfast before heading out. Your workplace wasn't far. You could get there by feet so you had always walked to it. It was already almost 7 when you headed off towards your work building. Your co-workers greeted you happily as you headed for your desk. Your best friend, Hiyori, came by and sat down at her desk that was right beside yours.

"Another long day of paperwork~" she said and chuckled. You nodded and started off with your pile of unfinished paperwork. The day went by slowly as usual for you and lunch seem far away. The large stack of files by your desk grew smaller and smaller as the time went by. Lunch finally arrived and Hiyori offered to treat lunch this time. You agreed and the both of you headed out. A small restaurant ended up being the choice and you two ate there. While eating there, you spotted Daichi and his girlfriend at the same restaurant as well.

"Oi! Daichi-kun! Yui-san!" you waved. He noticed you and headed towards your table.

"Lunch break?" he guessed and you nodded your head in reply.

"I'm surprised you didn't have a hangover Daichi-kun," you chuckled. He looked at you and tilted his head, "Hangover?"

"Yeah, all the drinking with Koushi must've been crazy," you now laughed and calmed yourself down.

"Suga and I never drank yesterday," Daichi stated. Hearing that you stopped with the happy mood and turned to look at him. Now it was your turn to tilt your head, "But Koushi said you two were drinking yesterday..."

Daichi had a hint on the situation and shook his head, "I was home watching a volleyball tournament yesterday with Yui. Oh! Look at the time Yui, we have to get going!"

"B-but we just got here-," Yui stated and was cut off.

"We'll see you two around," Daichi bowed and dragged Yui away. You sat at your seat quietly as the thought processed through. If Sugawara wasn't at Daichi's house yesterday night then where did he go? Hearing that wasn't painful, but finding out that Sugawara didn't truthfully tell you where he went hurt a lot. Hiyori pat your back and assured you everything was okay.

"Maybe he might be preparing a surprise for you or something," she smiled trying to lift up the gloomy atmosphere. You nodded but deep down you didn't feel as happy as before. Lunch ended bitterly as you two headed back to work. The rest of the day continued. The thought roamed your mind endlessly and your heart became even more anxious. Work ended late for the two of you that night. Hiyori walked with you out and then went separate ways when her boyfriend came to pick her up. You bid goodbye to her and headed home. You walked slowly trying to gain some time to think. You had noticed that he has been going out often, and had also been coming home late. He always smiled for you and kissed you often so it can't be possible that he would want to break up. You crossed that choice off your list and realized that you were already by the front door of your apartment with Sugawara. This was the first time you ever felt so nervous in awhile. You grabbed the keys from your bag and opened the door with hopes to see him ready to greet you. As the door opened you were only met with an empty living room and a silent apartment. You took off your shoes and went to the bed to check if he was still sleeping. His figure was not seen anywhere around the apartment and you ended up sitting alone at the dinner table thinking. If he was going to surprise you, this wasn't making you feel great at all. You somehow managed to move your legs again and went to shower. After getting out and into a set of comfortable clothes, you ended up waiting the night again. Sugawara came home earlier than you thought he would. He walked into the apartment with a smile on his face and a shopping bag in his hand.

"Koushi," you called his name. He looked up at you and his smile changed completely, "Oh, you're up again (F/N)?"

You nodded and smiled, "Are you hungry? I cooked your favorite super spicy mapo tofu!~"

"Ah, thank you (F/N)-san but I already ate out with Asahi-san and Nishinoya-san~" he gave you an apologetic smile. You shook your head, "It's okay then."

Your eyes then wonder to the shopping bag he was holding and asked what it was. He excitedly pulled out a shirt and his bright smile returned again, "I bought it at the store because I thought it looked nice!"

You wanted to chuckle at him like you normally do but it came out strained. He looked at you with a pout, "You don't like it?"

You immediately shook your head and smiled, "I love it! It brings out your facial structures and your hair color!"

He wasn't convinced so easily and saw right through you.

"Did something happened today?" he asked putting his shirt away and placing the bag on the table. He walked towards you and sat beside you. Sugawara grabbed your hand and looked at you.

"I-I'm okay," you told him so. He shook his head, "What's wrong?"

You wanted to tell him you were fine but you knew it wasn't going to get you out of it. You looked down and sighed. It was quiet for a long time before you spoke up again.

"I saw Daichi-kun today during lunch break at a restaurant," you mentioned. From the corner of your eyes you could see him stiffened.

"A-ah you did?" he let out a forced chuckle. "Daichi-san is always out eating!"

"Where did you go yesterday night Koushi?" you asked. Sugawara's bright face lost it's light. He knew he couldn't escape that question now with a simple reply.

"I'm sorry (F/N)..." he started off. "I went out to look for some gifts for you."

You pulled your hand away from him and stood up while nodding your head.

"Ah, I forgot that I have to work early tomorrow," you mumbled. "I'm going to sleep first."

Sugawara watched as you walked away into the bedroom. He sat there with guilt running through his veins. That night had seem to be colder than usual for both of you.

●●●

The following week became worst and worst for your relationship with Sugawara. Everything you had created with him felt like it was burning out. Like a match about to die from the fire that devoured it. You met Sugawara back in the start of college and the collusion of him into your life created a huge spark. But in the end the spark began to die out. You held on but it didn't feel the same anymore and you could definitely see it in his eyes that the warmth inside him was gone. There were no more sparks in both your hearts. You later found out that he had been going out with a girl behind your back, but you couldn't feel anymore pain in your heart to hate him or for what he had done. You understood very well why he did that and it was partially your fault. You could have saved the relationship, you could had prevented the dying sparks from fully disappearing, but you didn't. And because of that something you had cherished is broken and gone.

"This should be the last box," you placed a small cardboard box into the back of Hiyori's car. You turned and look at the man before you. The man that stood with you for 4 years is now someone you couldn't recognize at all. In his eyes were guilt and sadness, as he looked at you. You gave him your last brightest smile and a small wave, "Goodbye Koushi."

You entered the passenger seat of the car and closed the door. Sugawara wanted to stop you but his legs wouldn't move. His heart clenched in pain as he watched the car drive off taking you with it, leaving an empty space inside his heart behind.

●●●

□ A/N:
HAII , hehe thank you for requesting !
i'm really happy about it XD idk why tbh
i hoped you enjoy the angst-ness of sugawara ; ^ ;
he's too sweet to be doing this to his love but angst is angst ~
i will be writing you another one with akaashi so wait patiently for it !
thank you again for requesting kunaiwa !