He's dead

Oh-ho-ho-kay! This ... my gosh. THIS is one of the reasons I question my sanity.

Forget the Paedophile stuff. Forget the plastic surgery stuff. Forget the Vitiligo stuff.

Forget all that, just for the purpose of this part of the book.

None of that matters. None of it is relevant.

Now, I know for a FACT that I'm not the only one who is forced to experience this.

Who else gets this?:

Non-Moonwalker: Why do you like Michael Jackson?

Moonwalker: *Goes to answer but is interrupted*.

Non-Moonwalker: He's dead.

He's dead.

He's dead.

He's ... dead.

... He's dead.

Now, it can't just be me who feels a mix of emotions when they hear that sentence ... right?

I'll list a few of the emotions I feel:

•Insulted – they're basically saying I shouldn't love Michael.

•Angry – they're questioning my love for Michael.

•Upset – they're being insensitive.

•Heartbroken – they reminded me yet again, that my idol; my life; my centre of existence ... is gone.

Why, non-Moonwalkers, do you feel that it is acceptable to use this as an excuse to stop being a fan of Michael?

Why do you feel the need to remind us that our King ... isn't here?

Why do you find it so humorous that our inspiration is gone?

You wouldn't mock someone because a family member has gone, would you?

Let me put it into perspective.

Granted, Michael isn't a direct member of my family, but for the purpose of this example, let's imagine he is ... kind of.

Now, let me paint you a picture of my life.

Most of you will know that my father passed away only a couple years ago. I miss him more with each passing day; I miss dad and Michael a lot.

In general, it's been okay. I've managed to get by up to now, and life hasn't been half as bad as I thought it would be.

Damn, I thought I would cry for the rest of my life ... but I haven't.

I'm doing okay. I think dad would be proud of me.

Anyway ... now for the point in all of this.

My father being gone, would you expect anyone to come up to me and say, "Your dad's dead. Why do you still love him?"?

No! Absolutely not. That's probably the most disrespectful thing you could possibly say to me.

So why ... WHY ... do people feel it's right to ask the same question about Michael?

Let me answer that.

Because he's only Michael.

He only created the biggest selling album in HIStory.

He only inspired millions upon millions of people with his creativity.

He only became known as the King of Pop.

He only helped to Heal The World.

He only managed to change black music forever with just a few songs.

He only got to spread love throughout the entire world.

And hey?

He only saved millions of lives ... just for being him.

Non-Moonwalkers, my advice to you?

Don't talk about our King like that. It'll just end in tears.

It hurts.

Think about that.

Peace.✌🏻️