Recover

One Week Later

Calvin's POV

"Okay so far you've gone through Welcome To New York, Blank Space, Style and Out Of The Woods. Next is All You Had To Do Was Stay" I said to Taylor, trying to refresh her mind about her songs on 1989.

So far she's been doing well. Accepting even single thing I've told her. She's open about it, and that's what I love about her.

She somehow remembers a part of the 1989 World Tour and that means I'm 50% closer to getting her back.

I've been staying with her for a week or so, and in that span of time she hasn't been asking me to leave, which is good, I guess?

I know a part of her wants Harry back. She does text him once or twice a day just to see how he's going. I tell Harry to keep answering her, so that she'd feel somewhat happier, in a way.

The paparazzi hasn't been going so crazy like they used to do. Me and Taylor stay in, so that we won't be 'caught' by them.

If we do go out, I tell Taylor that its perfectly fine, especially when she's with me. She seems to understand, I hope she continues this way.

The 1989 World Tour will start in 3 weeks, and its my job to bring her 2015 spirit back.

Taylor's POV

"Hey, all you had to do was, stay. Had me in the plam of your hands then, why'd you go and lock me out when I let you in?"

I sang, trying to get that certain beat back. I know its in me, I just gotta find it.

"Great job Tay!"

Cal said, hugging me.

I was shocked at first, dont know why so I jerked back a little.

"Oh-- I'm sorry I just thought..." He started to feel embarrassed after he said that.

I felt bad, like really. The thing is, my heart still felt like I belonged to Harry, even though I'm taking in whatever is happening now and that he has a girlfriend.

"Oh no forgive me. I didn't know what came over me"

"It's fine, I understand you still feel somewhat affections for Harry. I respect that"

Does he mean what he's saying?

He started to walk out of the studio, leaving me in there.

I wonder what was going on his mind.

Calvin's POV

I know what they say, 'take it slow. She'll get better soon. She'll remember the memories with you. Just give her more time'.

But I want her now. I want that lovable Taylor who kisses me randomly and when I hug her, she doesn't jerk back.

I ask for too much from someone who's lost her memory, aren't I?

"Hey Cal, thanks for everything" she smiles as she approaches me.

"Yeah sure Tay" I say, sounding unconvincing even Taylor realizes it.

"Is everything okay Cal?"

"Yeah, everything's fine. Wanna go have lunch or something?"

"Its only 11am. Are you okay? We haven't finished up All You Had To Do Was Stay yet. If you don't want to do it I guess-"

"IM FINE, LET'S JUST DO THAT DAMN SONG AND DROP THE FACT THAT YOU THINK I'M NOT FINE BECAUSE I AM"

What was I thinking? Shouting at her, the one I love. I felt like I went insane for that split second.

I could feel her breaking inside. Her lips, trying to make out something to say, but I could see, she was speechless. Even I was speechless by everything.

What have I done? Good job Adam, now she thinks you hate her and she'll go crazy and run back to Harry again. Ugh.

"I-- I'm sorry Taylor. I didn't know what came over me" I said putting my hands over my face, feeling ashamed and stupid.

"It's okay. We can rest for a while if you want. We got 3 weeks, I'm pretty sure someone like me who's won 7 Grammy's can do it, right?" She said, which made me smile a little.

She took my hands and held them. At that moment, I felt whole and every little broken piece of me were mended.

Later

Taylor's POV

Calvin has been acting weird lately. Ever since he shouted at me this morning, he's been distant.

Maybe, he thinks that he hurt me. The thing is, he didn't. I looked into his eyes, and I saw pain. The same pain I had, when I was at Harry's.

Is he afraid of losing me? I'm not going anywhere. I trust him so much that I even let him stay. "Cal?"

He looks up, smiles and says "yeah?"

"I'm sorry about just now. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine"

"Can we go back to me 'revising' again?"

He giggles, dont know why but accepts my offer and goes into my studio. I follow along.

"Okay so....Shake It Off, right?" He said, pulling out the 1989 CD.

"Yeah, I think? I kinda remember this song. It goes like 'cause the players gonna play play play-'" I sounded a little off beat but I seem to connect with this song well.

"Uhm. Kinda. It was your first single off 1989. Let's start then"

I sang the first part of the song, slowly and then to the chorus. Calvin seemed to be playing around with the song, it sounded like it had that electronic vibe in it.

"Hey! This isn't the song, isn't it?" I said, getting Calvin's attention.

"Yep, thought I'd mix it up a little" he smiles after.

I got out of the studio and started to mix around too. It sounded pretty funny, since I didn't know what I was clicking on, just playing with the sounds and making new ones too.

"Woah. This is....different." He said, listening to my version.

"What, too good for you?" I said, sticking my tongue out at him.

"Mine is of course the best, because I am the king of EDM" He smirks.

"Well then that's makes me the Queen of pop" I said, as he carries me from the waist and tickles me.

"CAL STOP !!!! AHHHH IT TICKLES" I laugh non stop til he drops me.

We both laugh til our stomachs hurt. We didn't even bother to go back to rerecording again.

Because we both felt something. Something magical, amazing, something that was in me this whole time but I just couldn't get into it.

I need Calvin.

And he needs me.