Chapter 3

After awhile of Papyrus dragging Sans and I we finally made it to our destination.
"Hey kiddo?" Sans asked me with a smirk on his face.

"Yeah?" I asked, confused.

"I'd tell you a chemistry joke but I know I wouldn't get a reaction." He said snickering. I burst out laughing at his joke. I couldn't help laughing at it.

"I have one for you. Did you hear about the guy whose whole left side got cut off? He's all right now." I said trying not to burst out laughing.

"OH NO WE HAVE ANOTHER SANS!" Papyrus said sounding very annoyed. Sans and I started laughing at Papyrus comment.

"Hey your jokes aren't half bad kid." Sans happily said to me.

"Thanks, yours too!" I told him with a smile plastered on my face.

"Yeah well what can I say, I'm the king of jokes." He said in a confident tone.

"HUMAN! THE PUZZLE IS WAITING." Papyrus finally announced.

"Oh yeah, sorry." I said, scratching the back of my head. "Um where's the puzzle?" I asked looking around.

"ITS RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF YOU." He told me, pointing to the piece of paper sitting on the ground in front of me. I walked over to the paper and picked it up as I began to read it.

It read, "Find the button and press it.
eert eht dniheb s'ti". At first I couldn't figure it out but after awhile of looking at it, I realized that it was a sentence that was backwards. It said that "it's behind the tree".

I laughed a little as I went over to the tree that was next to me and I pressed the button.

"WOW SANS SHE FIGURED IT OUT. THIS HUMAN IS REALLY GOOD AT PUZZLES." Papyrus said sounding shocked but satisfied. "HMM WELL YOU HAVEN'T WON ME OVER YET, I AM A SKELETON WITH HIGH STANDARDS." Papyrus said.

"Uhh I can make spaghetti." I said in a joking manner, expecting him to just get mad at me for being off topic.

"OH NO! YOU'RE MEETING ALL OF MY STANDARDS." Papyrus said, bringing his hands to his face. I looked over at Sans and gave him a "what the fuck" face.

He just looked back at me and shrugged then mouthed, "guess he has pretty low standards".

"NO WHAT AM I DOING? IF I WANT TO BE IN THE ROYAL GUARD I CANT BE BEST FRIENDS WITH A HUMAN." Papyrus angrily said as he began to walk away.

"Um what is he talking about?" I asked Sans.

"Don't worry about it, kid. My bro's pretty cool though, right?" Sans said shaking the past event off.

"Yeah he's pretty cool." I told him, giggling. "Ooh I just thought of another joke." I told him excitedly.

"Lay it on me." He replied in a laid back tone.

"Two cannibals are eating a clown, one looks at the other one and asks, "does this taste funny to you?"." I said trying to keep a poker face.

"Haha, nice one kid! Here I have another one for you. Knock knock." He said with a smile on his face.

"Who's there?" I asked

"Who would you like it to be?" He asked in a seductive voice.

"Stop!" I said as I began to blush and I playfully punched his arm.

"Ok, ok last one. Why are skeletons usually calm?" He asked.

"Why?" I asked him.

"Because nothing gets under their skin." He said, giving me jazz hands.

"Oh my god! You're really funny, you know that?" I said laughing my butt off, while I whipped a tear away.

"Heh, thanks kiddo." He said with a smile. "Hey would you like to go to Grillbys with me?" He asked me after I finally finished laughing.

"What is Grillbys?" I asked him.

"It's just my favorite restaurant, so would you like to go?" He asked me again.

"Sure, why not?" I said with a smile on my face. We were only walking for a couple of minutes before we finally made it to Grillbys.

When we walked into the restaurant I began to look around the place. There were a decent amount of monsters there, not too many but yet it wasn't deserted. There were a lot of tables so it didn't seem hard for us to find a seat.

Sans brought me over to the bar as we both sat down.

"Are we going to drink? I'm only 16, I'm not old enough to drink yet." I told him.

"Oh no I don't drink and I just like to sit here for some reason." He said as he handed me a menu. I looked through the menu for a couple of minutes but I didn't find anything that really caught my eye.

While I was still looking at the menu the waiter came over to Sans and I.

"What would you like?" Sans asked, looking at me.

"Uhh I'll just get a burger and fries." I told him, shrugging.

"Two orders of burgers and fries please." He said to the waiter. The waiter wrote the order down, nodding his head as he did so. Once he was done writing it down he walked away to make the food.

"Wow the waiter looks so cool! How can he walk around without lighting the place on fire though?" I asked.

"Hmm I never really thought about it before." Sans said in deep thought. "Hey Grillby, how can you walk in here without lighting the place on fire?" Sans asked as Grillby came with our food. He just shrugged as he gave us our food and walked away.

I took a bite out of one of my fries and I thought it tasted really good. I went to tell Sans how good I thought it was when I noticed him pouring a shit ton of ketchup on his food.

"Do you have a problem?" He asked me in a sarcastic tone.

"How can you put that much ketchup on your food?" I asked him eyeing his food, now completely covered in ketchup.

"How could I not?" He asked as he took a bite out of his burger. I just shrugged my shoulders as I continued to eat.

Once we finished our food Sans handed Grillby some money and then we both left.

"Thanks for paying for my food!" I thanked him.

"Yeah don't worry about it, it's not a big deal." He said with a smile on his face. We walked the rest of the way back to their house in a nice comfortable silence.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I just got back to school today after a nice long vacation so now I won't be able to upload other chapters as fast as I was able to upload these ones. But I'm still going to update this story frequently because I'm really enjoying it so far! If you liked this chapter please feel free to leave a comment and vote for this chapter!
~Allison