Never Leaving

"Hey Kristy!!Wait up!!!"I turn around and see Tyler running towards me.I slow down and wait for him."Hey"He manages to gasp out."Hey whats up?"I ask."Nothing really.Did you hear that Kaitlyn's having a party next week?"I look up at his face.I've known him ever since we were 5 and hes been my best friend and the only guy I've ever loved since then."No I didn't.When is it?Are you going?" "Its next Sunday.Maybe,it depends if your going."My heart beats fast and i look down at my shoes as i tuck my hair behind my ears hoping I'm not blushing as i lift my face up.He looks at me and smiles."Good it wouldn't be the same without you."He says smiling as he turns for home.                                                                                                                                     Its a long walk home but i never care.It always gives me time to think.I can always tell when I'm getting close to home.I see trash and broken bottles more.Then as i walk into it more its a mess.People fighting,gunshots,broken windows,crys being yeld.It always saddens me to see how cruel people can be.My eyes fill up it tears but i hold them back.As I'm walking i see a poor dog tied up.Its just tied up to a street light.Its been there for days.I always stop to give it some food.It looks like its been beaten and abandoned but im afraid to take it home.What would my parents do?How would they react?What if the owner decideds to come back for it and sees it missing.I walk up to it slowly reminding it im friendly.I take my leftovers from lunch out and feed it to him.I then take out my water bottle and grab his bowl i keep hidden in a bush and give him the rest of my water.I pet him and give him a kiss on top of his head.As i get up to leave i whines in protest.I look into his poor sad abused eyes.My heart breaks as i walk away.I start crying and i cant keep them back.I run the rest of the way home.I stop as i reach the porch.I slowly open it and walk to my bed.When im in my room i toss myself onto the bed and let the tears flow out.Why do people be so cruel to all the living things and to the earth.I dont wanna be here much longer.I look at the time.2:30.My parents wont be home til 5:45.Mabye if i get my chores done quickly i can escape this place and hang out with Tyler.I wipe my tears away and start working right away.I get the laundry done and make dinner for my parents.Now all i have to do is clean the dishes.After i get them done i grab my back pack and stuff it with snacks.I hear the door open.Could my parents be home this early?I look over at the clock to see what time it is.3:52.I freeze as i see 3 shadows walk in the door.None of them are my parents.