Chapter 29

A/N: Your comments on the last chapter were amazing haha I LOVED IT :D But today I will finally reveal what the actual heck is going on. :-) ENJOY

Pathetic. Pathetic. Pathetic. I am so pathetic. Speeding down the motorway I make my way to Leeds. I was driving way too fast and my sight was blurry with tears. My head spinning with thoughts. I lightly shake my head trying to get rid of the thoughts and pictures in my head. My mind has been going through every scenario there is, imagining Kian with someone else. Rubbing my eyes I set the blinker. There's a rest area ahead of me and I really need to stop speeding. Looking over my shoulder I made sure I don't run into anyone before switching lanes and entering the rest area. I parked my car and cut the engine taking a deep breath. My phone had been ringing non-stop for the past hour. I was sure it was Kian, but he was the last person I wanted to talk to right now. I didn't want to hear his lame excuses.

And I was right, thirty-eight missed calls from Kian. I turned my phone into airplane mode but turned bluetooth on again. I was in need of some calming music right now. I usually wasn't one for punk music, but when I was angry, or sad, there's nothing better to calm me down. Searching for any 'Punk Goes Pop' album on my Spotify (Because I still need to be able to sing along) I turn the volume up to the max and take deep breaths.The more screaming the better. This was not what I was imagining my semesterbreak to be like. At all.

☀︎ ☀︎ ☀︎

Four hours later I parked my car in the parking lot of Poppy's residence. I had managed to keep my tears at bay for the rest of the ride. My thoughts, however didn't stop. How long had this been going on? Did he really think I'd never find out? What does she look like? Is she prettier? Does she have a better body? Or was she just simply better in bed? Does he love her?

With shaking legs I made my way to Poppy's flat. I hope she's home. I rang the doorbell and the door opened quickly after. Poppy took in my appearance and the tears that I had successfully pushed back came pooling out of my eyes, my lips quivering. Poppy immediatly wrapped her arms around me in a tight hug and I sobbed into her shoulder while she pulled me inside closing the door behind us.

"C'mon in. I'll make you a tea and you tell me what happened okay?" She pushed me down onto the couch and wrapped a blanket around me I nodded in response and tried to control my tears again. Couldn't this be some kind of nightmare? Can't I wake up right now and everthing is fine? A couple of minutes later Poppy entered the room again and sat down next to me. She looked at me concerened and I took a deep breath preparing myself to tell her what had happened. What Kian did.

"Kian cheated on me, or is cheating on me...I don't really know..." I breathed out and Poppy took in a sharp breath.

"Are you sure?" Her voice was quiet and she rubbed my back soothingly. Was I sure? Yes, it was obvious.

I nodded. "He changed his passcode for his phone and he got angry when I wanted to- ... I just wanted to check something and was too lazy to get my own phone. I didn't even want to snoop or anything. Also he's always gone, he promised me we'd spend my semesterbreak together. He didn't even remember that it was my semesterbreak! I had counted the days and he didn't even remember!" I was starting to get angry now. What did I do to deserve this?

"But did you even see anything or did you just jump to conclusions? Lucy, I love you but you jump to conclusions really quick and seventy-five percent of the time they're wrong."

"But it's so obvious!" I almost screamed, but my voice broke and I started to sob again. If it was because I was sad, angry or just because I found myself so pathetic, I don't know.

"Lucy. Did you confront Kian about it? I'm sure it's all just a misunderstanding." I looked at her weirdly, wasn't she supposed to be on my side? I don't know buy a voodoo doll or something? What is she doing? Poppy's phone started to ring and I thought I saw Kian's name flashing on the screen but I couldn't be sure because she quickly rejected the call putting the phone back on the coffee table, face down.

"Aren't you supposed to support me? Why are you trying to defend Kian now?"

"I'm not defending Kian, Lucy. I want my best friend to be happy. And Kian makes you happy. I can't imagine Kian cheating on you because you make him happy, too. Lucy, call Kian and talk to him. I'm sure it's just a stupid misunderstanding."

"Are you calling me stupid? Because I didn't drive four hours for you to call me stupid, and I sure as hell didn't come here so you could convince me that Kian didn't cheat on me? Why even? What's the purpose of this? When you were the one who suspected it first, you planted that thought into my head and you were right!" Poppy looked uneasy before standing up.

"I'll get you your tea from the kitchen, maybe it'll calm you down a bit." She left the room and my fingers were itching to check her phone. Had it really been Kian who called her? It wouldn't be far fetched, she's my best friend. Maybe he wanted to check if I was here? I quickly grabbed her phone and unlocked it, unlike Kian she hadn't changed her passcode. I checked her call history and Kian's name was on there, multiple times. Not only today but for the past weeks, no, months even. Was this real life? Of all people? I fumbled with the phone and tried to get to the messages but before I could Poppy was standing in the doorway a steaming mug in her hand, her eyes wide. I looked at her with narrowed eyes.

"So that's why you're defending Kian. Because you're the one who's sleeping with him behind my back." I spit getting up from the couch about to leave the flat.

"No Lucy! It's not what it-"

"It's not what it looks like? That's funny." I chuckle humorlessly "You know, of all people, I never expected the two people who mean the most to me to betray me like that. I thought we were best friends! Last time I checked this wasn't what best friends do!"

"Lucy, I swear it really isn't like that! I know it looks like it but trust me it isn't." Poppy was pleading me and she looked like she was about to cry, but I was too heartbroken to care.

"Trust you? You lost my trust when you started something with my boyfriend!" I shouted and Poppy let the mug fall from her hands in shock. I looked down at the floor and almost laughed. It was the mug I had gotten her one year for christmas, shattered on the floor into broken pieces, just like our friendship. I made my way to the door. This couldn't be true. This was a nightmare. It must be.

"Lucy!" Poppy grabbed my arm but I pulled it away.

"Don't touch me!"

"Lucy. Kian is preparing something for you and I was helping him." She let out and I stopped in my tracks.

"And what is he preparing that he needs you to help him?" I wanted to make some remark about them sleeping with each other but I just couldn't come up with one.

It was quiet for a bit and I wasn't sure if she was going to answer my question at all."Are you going to say something or not because if not I'll just lea-"

"Kian wants to propose."

A/N: FINALLY! Okay so some of you got it right! I actually didn't want to reveal it that early but I didn't know how I would have managed to make her believe Kian and blah blah blah so that's how it is now :-)