Chapter Twenty-Two

The two days flew by, and it was the morning of the wedding. The rest of the guys had arrived the day before. Everyone was running around making sure everything was ready and prefect. All the girls had stayed at Rachael’s and the guys stayed at Aarons. Rachael had called one of the hair stylist and make-up artists that come to her competitions. After hair and make-up were done they got into their dresses. Rachael helped Sam into hers.  Although Kat was part of the wedding, she was taking pictures. 

Over at Aarons Chris was taking pictures of the guys getting ready. Just like Kat, he was trying to get funny pictures of everyone, as well as serious ones. Cody could tell Austin was nervous, so he was trying to do anything to calm him down. When everyone was ready, they headed to the beach. 

“I think I might throw up..” Sam whispered to Rachael. 

Rachael grabbed her hand, “It’s going to be okay, just breath. Soon you will be back with Austin, and everything will be okay. I promise.” 

Rachael’s mom pulled into the spaces to park for the beach. Everyone jumped out of the van, grabbing things. Sam didn’t move, so Rachael stayed next to her. They sat in silence until Sam was ready. Sam took a deep breath, and she shook her head. They got out of the van and walked to the area where the rest of the girls were. Rachael saw Cody standing over to the side.

“Hey you.” she wrapped her arms around his waist. 

He pulled her closer, “Hey, you look beautiful.” 

“You look handsome,” she smiled up at him and he leaned down and kissed her, “I think Kat’s calling you.” 

Rachael sighed and kissed him one more time, then walked over to Kat. She needed to get some more pictures of the girls, at the location. The guys made sure Austin was busy so he didn’t see Sam by accident. When Kat was done, she went to find Chris, to show him her photos and the camera. She ran back to the girls when the five minute time marker was called. 

The music started, and Trisha and Zach walked down the isle, when they reached the top, Kat and Maxx headed down. As Cassie and Dan reached the top, Rachael turned around and smiled at Sam, “Everything’s fine. Remember, your dad is at your side and won’t let you fall.” Sam’s dad smiled at Rachael, “Of course I won’t.”  Rachael took a step forward and locked her arm around Cody’s. They slowly walked up the isle together, then separated, taking their spots. 

When Sam and her dad came around the corner, Austin was speechless. Sam kept her eyes on him the whole walk, all of her nervousness fading away. When they reached him the preacher asked, “Who gives this woman away?” Her dad raised her hand and kissed it, “I give this woman to this man,” he put her hand in Austin’s, kissed her cheek and walked to his seat. 

Sam handed Rachael her flowers and the ceremony started. After a few prayers and readings the preacher said. “The couple has written their own vows.”

Austin cleared his throat and said;

“Sam, you are my world, and I couldn’t imagine living in it without you. I knew from the moment I saw you, you were the one, I knew I could spend the rest of my life with. I love you” 

The preacher handed Austin a ring, “Samantha Norris, do you take Austin’s hand in marriage?” 

Sam smiled, “I do.” Austin slipped the ring on her finger. 

He wiped a tear from her eye and she started to speak;

“Austin, I think you stole the words right out of my mouth. You are my rock, my shoulder to cry on. I know I can always count on you to be there for me. I love you.”

Again, the preacher asked, and handed a ring to Sam, “Austin Kerr, do you take Samantha’s hand in marriage?” 

“I do.” He smiled and Sam slipped the ring on his finger. 

“I know declare you man and wife, Austin, you may kiss your bride.” He pulled Sam in close and pressed his lips to hers. Everyone started clapping and cheering. 

When they turned towards the crowd the preacher said, “Family and friends, I would like to present to you, Mr. and Mrs. Austin Kerr!” Everyone started clapping and cheering more. 

They walked hand in hand, back down the isle, everyone blowing bubbles at them. Rachael and Cody locked arms and started the walk back down the isle, with the rest of the bridesmaids and groomsmen following. They walked further down the beach, both families following behind. The quests slowly exited to their cars, to drive to the reception  hall. 

When they got further down the beach, Chris positioned everyone for different photos. Ones with families, ones with just the wedding party. They did all the serious photos and Sam and Austin’s families headed to the reception hall. When they were gone, everyone did some funny photos. After, they got into the limo and headed to the hall. 

At the hall they were standing outside the doors, waiting to be called in. They could hear the DJ taking but not what he was saying. The two people standing outside the doors opened them. The DJ started calling names;

“And first, the wedding party, introducing Trisha and Zach!” they walked in, throwing their hands up. 

“Kat and Maxx!” they walked in dancing.

“Cassie and Dan!” they bumped their hips together and ran in.

“And the maid of honor, Rachael, and the best man, Cody!” they walked in holding hands, and holding them up, shaking their hips back and forth.

When they were seated at the table the lights dimmed and the song Pages & Paragraphs started. Cody and Dan had altered it a little, to make it slower. The DJ introduced the couple; 

“And now, may I present to everyone, Mr. and Mrs. Austin Kerr!”

Sam and Austin walked in, hand in hand, waving their hands around. When they reached the dance floor they started dancing to the song. Everyone got up to surround the dance floor to watch. When the song ended everyone clapped and went back to their tables, Sam and Austin taking their seats at the head table. The DJ let everyone know they buffet for dinner was ready and they would be called by tables. Food was delivered to the head table and they passed the food around to one another. 

When everyone was done eating the DJ called the wedding party to the dance floor. They got with their partners and started dancing to the song playing. Cody held Rachael close and she put her head on his shoulder. After the song ended Sam had her dance with her father and Austin with his mother. After all the dances were done, the dance floor was opened to everyone. 

At the end of the night, when the repection was over, Sam and Austin got into the limo, after saying goodbye to everyone. They were taken to Rachael’s house to change, then to the airport. They decided to take a small honeymoon in Hawaii. When they were gone, the quests started to leave as well. Everyone in the wedding party were packing things up. Cody was standing on the dance floor looking around. Cassie poked Rachael and she looked up,  Cassie pointing at Cody. 

Rachael looked over at Cody, who meet her eyes now. She walked over to him and hugged him. She didn’t notice everyone else stop what they were doing to watch. The lights dimmed and the song “Wanted” started quietly. Rachael looked up and Cody and he took her arms and unwrapped them from around him. She started to feel nervous. 

Cody took a step back and dropped to one knee. Rachael put her hands to her mouth. He cleared his throat and took one of her hands. 

“Rachael Browske, I love you. And I want to spend everyday of my life with you. I can’t see myself without you. You always bring a smile to my face, you help me challenge myself. Rachael will you marry me?” he pulled a ring box out of his pocket and opened it. 

Rachael started to cry, “Yes, Cody. I will marry you.” He slipped the ring on her finger and stood up, pulling her in close. He wiped her tears and kissed her. Everyone started clapping. 

“I love you,” Rachael whispered and kissed him again.

Cody kissed her back, “I love you more.”