Chapter Twenty-One

It was the second week into the tour and a day before the show in Cleveland. She couldn’t wait to hold Cody again. Rachael and Cody talked every night.  She kept herself busy with dance and planning Sam’s wedding. The wedding was just about all set and ready to go. The dresses were alternated and everyone had theirs. Sam was working double shifts to make extra money, even though Rachael had offered to help. 

That night Cody called Rachael. “I can’t wait to sleep next to you tomorrow.” 

Rachael smiled, “I can’t wait either. When do you get here?”

“Around noon, then we will have to leave at two for sound check.” 

“Can I come with you for sound check?” she asked.

Cody laughed, “Yes you can.”

“Good, I might not let you go.. So you might have to play with me holding onto you.” 

“I’m okay with that. I’m not sure how the fans will feel though.” 

Rachael sighed, “Oh yeah.. The fans..”

“What?” Cody sounded concerned, “Was someone rude to you again?”

“No, no.. it’s just the first concert that I’ll be attending.. As your girlfriend.” she sighed again.

Cody chuckled, “It’ll be okay, I promise. I know there are a lot of people who want to meet you. You can stand next to me at the merch table.” 

“That’s a good idea.. Can I stand side stage too?” she asked

“Of course babe. Dan wants to talk to you.”

She could hear him handing the phone to Dan, “Hey you, what’s up?”

“Not much. I can’t wait to see your face.” Rachael laughed.

Dan laughed with her, “I agree. Okay now Maxx wants the ph--”

He was cut off and she heard Maxx’s voice, “What’s up girl!”

“Not much, how are you?” she asked.

“I’m good. I can’t wait to see you.” he replied.

There was silence for a moment, “I stole my phone back.” Cody’s voice came through the phone. Rachael smiled to herself.“I have to go now though. I love you.”

“I love you more. See you tomorrow.” Rachael hung up and walked downstairs.

Sam was getting ready for work and Cassie was sitting on the couch with Aaron. Rachael joined them, not paying attention to them or the TV. She was just very excited to see Cody tomorrow. 

When Rachael woke up she ran to the shower. Her phone dinged when she walked back into her room after getting dressed. It was a text from Cody, “We are almost there. Be prepared to be hugged very tightly.”

She smiled, “I think you are the one who should be prepared.” 

Sam called for her and she ran downstairs. “What’s up?” 

“I’m sure you already know but they are almost here.” Sam was smiling ear to ear.

Rachael couldn’t help but smile just as huge, “I do know and I am so excited!” 

They went to the kitchen to eat some breakfast and wait for the boys. At exactly noon the van pulled in the driveway. Both Sam and Rachael went running outside. Cody thought he was braced for Rachael’s hug but we wasn’t and they both went down, while she knocked the wind out of him. She started kissing him and he couldn’t keep up. 

“I don’t think she missed you at all.” Austin laughed.

Sam was holding onto him, “I could say the same about Sam.” Cody breathed. 

“Get a room guys!” Maxx and Zach yelled while walking into the house. Everyone laughed. Rachael got up and helped Cody up. The guys put their suit cases away and went to the kitchen. Rachael’s mom was making lunch for all of them. 

At one thirty they all piled in the van, Sam and Rachael joining. At sound check they helped Andrew set up all the merch. He was happy to have extra help, carrying in all the totes of merch. When they were done with setting up the merch table and sound check they all went to lunch. When they got back to the venue there was a line forming outside. Rachael hid behind Cody, not wanting to be seen yet. The few people in the front saw her and yelled her name, she waved and walked in. 

“Okay, we are about to go on.” Cody kissed Rachael’s head. 

She squeezed his hand, “I’ll be right over there,” she pointed to the side of the stage. He smiled at her and walked over to the guys. The lights went out and the crowd went wild. One by one the guys ran out on stage. After Cody was in place, the lights came on and the crowd went even wilder as Cody started singing. 

When the show was over Cody reminded everyone they would be at the merch table soon. He walked over to Rachael and kissed her, then took her by the hand. Austin pulled Sam aside, getting her ready for all the fans who are going to bombard her. When they were ready Dan, Maxx, & Zach stood in front of them to help them get through the crowd. 

At the table everyone was lined up and waiting. They started cheering as they got closer to the table. Rachael stood extra close to Cody, hugging anyone who asked for one, which was pretty much everyone. She sighed a few autographs. She looked over at Sam, who was just holding out her hand constantly so everyone could see the ring. Everyone was asking if the wedding would be recorded. Sam and Austin hadn’t decided yet. 

The next day they were standing outside the van, Rachael was holding onto Cody, not wanting to let go. He kissed her repeatedly, telling her the tour will be over before she knows it. They guys climbed into the van, Cody kissing Rachael one more time, as Austin doing so with Sam. They watched them drive off. 

----

The rest of the tour did fly by, just like Cody told Rachael. Him and Austin had been back at Rachael’s for a week, and it was two days before the wedding. Sam was a nervous wreck and Rachael, Kat, Cassie and Trisha were doing everything they could to keep her calm.